* Issues on github.com/Freescale projects
@ 2021-08-15 15:34 Daiane Angolini
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2021-08-15 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hi everyone,

I see a lot of open issues from the past 2 or 3 years on
github/Freescale projects and I'm trying to (slowly) address them as
best I can.

I'm going to close some of them, and try to assign them when I think
it's an "easy" answer, but I am sure I will make mistakes and I
apologize in advance, so I'm counting on the authors to help guide me
during this process.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Daiane

* Re: [meta-freescale] Issues on github.com/Freescale projects
@ 2021-08-15 20:24 ` Cengiz Can
       [not found] ` <169C720E7FA02E88.9306@lists.yoctoproject.org>
From: Cengiz Can @ 2021-08-15 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 6:35 PM Daiane Angolini
<daiane.angolini@foundries.io> wrote:

> Hi everyone,

Hello Daiane!

> I see a lot of open issues from the past 2 or 3 years on
> github/Freescale projects and I'm trying to (slowly) address them as
> best I can.

That's very good news indeed.

> I'm going to close some of them, and try to assign them when I think
> it's an "easy" answer, but I am sure I will make mistakes and I
> apologize in advance, so I'm counting on the authors to help guide me
> during this process.

I'm working with meta-freescale daily (mostly i.MX6 over dunfell
branch though) so if there's something that I can help with (reviews,
build tests, things that do not require hardware testing) I would
gladly help.

> If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
>
> Daiane

Thank you!
Cengiz Can

* Re: [meta-freescale] Issues on github.com/Freescale projects
@ 2021-08-16 13:55   ` Daiane Angolini
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2021-08-16 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cengiz Can; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 5:24 PM Cengiz Can <cengizc@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 6:35 PM Daiane Angolini
> <daiane.angolini@foundries.io> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >

> Hello Daiane!
>

> > I see a lot of open issues from the past 2 or 3 years on
> > github/Freescale projects and I'm trying to (slowly) address them as
> > best I can.
>
> That's very good news indeed.
>
> > I'm going to close some of them, and try to assign them when I think
> > it's an "easy" answer, but I am sure I will make mistakes and I
> > apologize in advance, so I'm counting on the authors to help guide me
> > during this process.
>
> I'm working with meta-freescale daily (mostly i.MX6 over dunfell
> branch though) so if there's something that I can help with (reviews,
> build tests, things that do not require hardware testing) I would
> gladly help.

That is great! Thanks a lot,  Cengiz Can!

Currently the project with most old open issues is gstreamer-imx. I
found out that there are a lot of solved but not closed issues.

However, if I find anything I let you know!!! What is your github
user? I'm @angolini !

Best regards,
Daiane

@ 2021-08-16 16:02     ` Cengiz Can
From: Cengiz Can @ 2021-08-16 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 4:56 PM Daiane Angolini
<daiane.angolini@foundries.io> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 5:24 PM Cengiz Can <cengizc@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 6:35 PM Daiane Angolini
> > <daiane.angolini@foundries.io> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >

> > Hello Daiane!
> >

> > > I see a lot of open issues from the past 2 or 3 years on
> > > github/Freescale projects and I'm trying to (slowly) address them as
> > > best I can.
> >
> > That's very good news indeed.
> >
> > > I'm going to close some of them, and try to assign them when I think
> > > it's an "easy" answer, but I am sure I will make mistakes and I
> > > apologize in advance, so I'm counting on the authors to help guide me
> > > during this process.
> >
> > I'm working with meta-freescale daily (mostly i.MX6 over dunfell
> > branch though) so if there's something that I can help with (reviews,
> > build tests, things that do not require hardware testing) I would
> > gladly help.
>
> That is great! Thanks a lot,  Cengiz Can!
>
> Currently the project with most old open issues is gstreamer-imx. I
> found out that there are a lot of solved but not closed issues.
>
> However, if I find anything I let you know!!! What is your github
> user? I'm @angolini !

Mine is @cengizIO
^_^

> Best regards,
> Daiane
>

> > > If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
> > >
> > > Daiane
> > >

> > Thank you!
> > Cengiz Can

* Re: Issues on github.com/Freescale projects
@ 2021-08-18 16:02 ` Daiane Angolini
       [not found] ` <169C720E7FA02E88.9306@lists.yoctoproject.org>
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2021-08-18 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 12:34 PM Daiane Angolini
<daiane.angolini@foundries.io> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I see a lot of open issues from the past 2 or 3 years on
> github/Freescale projects and I'm trying to (slowly) address them as
> best I can.

I am finally reviewing 2020 (latest updated) issues. My plan is to
close as much as possible, and to clean what is still an issue and
what was already solved by the normal development.

It is unfortunate that we don't actually had/have time to reply to all
of them, but I got the impression that a lot was replied at time, and
only a few issues were sitting there waiting for the future to happen.

Anyway, my point is to decrease the open issue list, so we can try to
better focus. If anyone has a better idea on how to deal with it,
please let me know.

BR,
Daiane

@ 2021-09-21 13:56   ` Daiane Angolini
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2021-09-21 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: meta-freescale

An update on this project.

From my perspective, all issues are closed now (~20).
I let a few open (although they were created a long time ago) because
I don't have the complete background to decide a better way to deal
with them.

We have 12 open issue:
3 from Freescale/meta-freescale
9 from Freescale/gstreamer-imx

I understand that dv1 (Carlos) has been doing an outstanding and
amazing job with Freescale/gstreamer-imx.

I hope I could better help him on answering the issues because almost
all issues still open are questions.

I'm going to focus (from now on) to review if a current issue can be
closed yet or not.

I'm still learning the new GitHub tools on how to better handle the
issues, so I'm also going to read some docs to find how to automate
things in the future.

Thanks,
Daiane