* [Qemu-devel] tracing branch in ARM
@ 2013-11-12  7:18 Xin Tong
From: Xin Tong @ 2013-11-12  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

I am writing code to trace all the branches in ARM, i would like to confirm
with people whether I am doing this correctly.

I put in code in gen_jmp to trace all the branches that are taken, afaik,
the gen_jmp gets called when an unconditional branch is JITed or in the
 s->condlabel of conditional branch. so it is correct to generate code to
set the branch as taken and use the dest argument as the targte of the
branch.

I also need to track whether a branch is conditional or not, i do this when
i know the current instruction is a branch and the op ( op = (insn >> 22) &
0xf; ) is used to test the target of the branch, i.e.        gen_test_cc(op
^ 1, s->condlabel); In this case, I generate code to set the branch as
conditional.

Did i miss anything ?

Xin