* [U-Boot] test.py failure in test_ut[ut_dm_pci_ep_base]
@ 2019-07-15 15:14 Stephen Warren
From: Stephen Warren @ 2019-07-15 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Running test.py on sandbox now fails test_ut[ut_dm_pci_ep_base] with:

=> ut dm pci_ep_base
Test: dm_test_pci_ep_base: pci_ep.c
[Errno 5] Input/output error

I believe that last line is printed by the test harness; presumably the
sandbox process crashed, but I haven't checked that.

I imagine this was introduced by commit "test: pci_ep: add basic pci_ep
tests".

I do see later commit "test: Disable pci_ep test for now" by Tom, but
for some reason the test is still running after that; my test system
last built a9a3a37f92b0 and there's still a failure.

* [U-Boot] test.py failure in test_ut[ut_dm_pci_ep_base]
@ 2019-07-15 15:25 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2019-07-15 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 09:14:03AM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
> Running test.py on sandbox now fails test_ut[ut_dm_pci_ep_base] with:
>
> => ut dm pci_ep_base
> Test: dm_test_pci_ep_base: pci_ep.c
> [Errno 5] Input/output error
>
> I believe that last line is printed by the test harness; presumably the
> sandbox process crashed, but I haven't checked that.
>
> I imagine this was introduced by commit "test: pci_ep: add basic pci_ep
> tests".
>
> I do see later commit "test: Disable pci_ep test for now" by Tom, but for
> some reason the test is still running after that; my test system last built
> a9a3a37f92b0 and there's still a failure.

To be clear, my commit only removes it from sandbox from travis runs and
a similar '-k not pci' would be needed in other hooks.  Ramon is working
on the problem now.

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] test.py failure in test_ut[ut_dm_pci_ep_base]
@ 2019-07-15 20:07   ` Ramon Fried
From: Ramon Fried @ 2019-07-15 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 6:25 PM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 09:14:03AM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
> > Running test.py on sandbox now fails test_ut[ut_dm_pci_ep_base] with:
> >
> > => ut dm pci_ep_base
> > Test: dm_test_pci_ep_base: pci_ep.c
> > [Errno 5] Input/output error
> >
> > I believe that last line is printed by the test harness; presumably the
> > sandbox process crashed, but I haven't checked that.
> >
> > I imagine this was introduced by commit "test: pci_ep: add basic pci_ep
> > tests".
> >
> > I do see later commit "test: Disable pci_ep test for now" by Tom, but for
> > some reason the test is still running after that; my test system last
> built
> > a9a3a37f92b0 and there's still a failure.
>
> To be clear, my commit only removes it from sandbox from travis runs and
> a similar '-k not pci' would be needed in other hooks.  Ramon is working
> on the problem now.

Hi,
here's the fix. sorry for that one (my uninitialized memory was zeros :) )
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1132255/

@ 2019-07-19 15:34     ` Stephen Warren
From: Stephen Warren @ 2019-07-19 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 7/15/19 2:07 PM, Ramon Fried wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 6:25 PM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com
> <mailto:trini@konsulko.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 09:14:03AM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
>      > Running test.py on sandbox now fails test_ut[ut_dm_pci_ep_base] with:
>      >
>      > => ut dm pci_ep_base
>      > Test: dm_test_pci_ep_base: pci_ep.c
>      > [Errno 5] Input/output error
>      >
>      > I believe that last line is printed by the test harness;
>     presumably the
>      > sandbox process crashed, but I haven't checked that.
>      >
>      > I imagine this was introduced by commit "test: pci_ep: add basic
>     pci_ep
>      > tests".
>      >
>      > I do see later commit "test: Disable pci_ep test for now" by Tom,
>     but for
>      > some reason the test is still running after that; my test system
>     last built
>      > a9a3a37f92b0 and there's still a failure.
>
>     To be clear, my commit only removes it from sandbox from travis runs and
>     a similar '-k not pci' would be needed in other hooks.  Ramon is working
>     on the problem now.
>
> Hi,
> here's the fix. sorry for that one (my uninitialized memory was zeros :) )
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1132255/

Thanks. The test passes for me now; I assume that patch was applied.