* Using Btrfs on single drives
@ 2015-11-14 10:43 audio muze
From: audio muze @ 2015-11-14 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Btrfs BTRFS

I'm looking to make a "production copy" of my music and video library
for use in our media server.  It is not my intent to create any form
of RAID array, but rather to treat each drive independently where
filesystem is concerned and then to create a single view of the drives
using mhddfs.  As the data will remain relatively static I may also
deploy Snapraid in conjunction with mhddfs.

I'm considering using Btrfs as the underlying filesystem on each of
the individual drives, principally to take advantage of metadata
redundancy.  Am I corect in surmising that ?I can turn checksumming
off given it's of no utility where a Btrfs volume is comprised of a
single device only?