* [Cocci] award for Coccinelle paper
@ 2018-04-24 11:12 Julia Lawall
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Julia Lawall @ 2018-04-24 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

The 2008 Eurosys paper:

Documenting and automating collateral evolutions in Linux device drivers.

received the Eurosys "Test of Time" award.  Many thanks to everyone on
this list who has helped to make this possible.

thanks,
julia

* [Cocci] award for Coccinelle paper
@ 2018-04-24 11:52 ` Vaishali Thakkar
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Vaishali Thakkar @ 2018-04-24 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 4:42 PM, Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@lip6.fr> wrote:
> The 2008 Eurosys paper:
>
> Documenting and automating collateral evolutions in Linux device drivers.
>
> received the Eurosys "Test of Time" award.  Many thanks to everyone on
> this list who has helped to make this possible.

Wow, that's amazing. Congratulations to all who worked on this brilliant
tool. Thanks for your work.

@ 2018-04-24 12:21   ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2018-04-24 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018, Vaishali Thakkar wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 4:42 PM, Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@lip6.fr> wrote:
> > The 2008 Eurosys paper:
> >
> > Documenting and automating collateral evolutions in Linux device drivers.
> >
> > received the Eurosys "Test of Time" award.  Many thanks to everyone on
> > this list who has helped to make this possible.
>
> Wow, that's amazing. Congratulations to all who worked on this brilliant
> tool. Thanks for your work.

Thanks :)

julia

* [Cocci] award for Coccinelle paper
@ 2018-04-24 12:49 ` Derek M Jones
From: Derek M Jones @ 2018-04-24 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Julia,

> received the Eurosys "Test of Time" award.  Many thanks to everyone on
> this list who has helped to make this possible.

Warming people up, ready for the major award for Coccinelle....

* [Cocci] award for Coccinelle paper
@ 2018-04-24 12:54 ` Peter Senna Tschudin
From: Peter Senna Tschudin @ 2018-04-24 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Wow! Congratulations!

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 1:12 PM, Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@lip6.fr> wrote:
> The 2008 Eurosys paper:
>
> Documenting and automating collateral evolutions in Linux device drivers.
>
> received the Eurosys "Test of Time" award.  Many thanks to everyone on
> this list who has helped to make this possible.
>
> thanks,
> julia

Peter

* [Cocci] award for Coccinelle paper
@ 2018-04-24 13:27   ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2018-04-24 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018, Peter Senna Tschudin wrote:

> Wow! Congratulations!

Thanks :)

julia

@ 2018-04-24 13:34   ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2018-04-24 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018, Derek M Jones wrote:

> Julia,
>
> > received the Eurosys "Test of Time" award.  Many thanks to everyone on
> > this list who has helped to make this possible.
>
> Warming people up, ready for the major award for Coccinelle....

We'll see...  Thanks.

julia

@ 2018-04-24 14:05   ` Wolfram Sang
From: Wolfram Sang @ 2018-04-24 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Julia,

> > received the Eurosys "Test of Time" award.  Many thanks to everyone on
> > this list who has helped to make this possible.

Congratulations from me, too! Very well deserved!

> Warming people up, ready for the major award for Coccinelle....

What would that be?

Best wishes,

   Wolfram

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018, Wolfram Sang wrote:

> Julia,
>
> > > received the Eurosys "Test of Time" award.  Many thanks to everyone on
> > > this list who has helped to make this possible.
>
> Congratulations from me, too! Very well deserved!
>
> > Warming people up, ready for the major award for Coccinelle....
>
> What would that be?

ACM Software award?  Nobel prize? (perhaps not...)

julia

@ 2018-04-24 15:41       ` Derek M Jones
From: Derek M Jones @ 2018-04-24 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Julia,

> ACM Software award?  Nobel prize? (perhaps not...)

Nobel prize for??? Literature?

The Turing award seems to generate the most publicity.

http://shape-of-code.coding-guidelines.com/2018/04/19/influential-philosophers-of-source-code/

* [Cocci] award for Coccinelle paper
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-04-24 18:04 ` Aya Mahfouz
From: Aya Mahfouz @ 2018-04-24 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 1:12 PM, Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@lip6.fr> wrote:

> The 2008 Eurosys paper:
>
> Documenting and automating collateral evolutions in Linux device drivers.
>
> received the Eurosys "Test of Time" award.  Many thanks to everyone on
> this list who has helped to make this possible.

Great News! Congratulations! :)

> thanks,
> julia

Kind Regards,