* Deleting a dynamic mac entry..
@ 2017-05-21  2:28 Manohar Kumar
From: Manohar Kumar @ 2017-05-21  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Hello,

In 3.19 the following bridge fdb command to delete a dynamically
learned entry fails..

root@net-3:~# bridge fdb show | grep 02:42:0a:ff:00:06
02:42:0a:ff:00:06 dev vxlan0 master br0
root@net-3:~# bridge fdb del 02:42:0a:ff:00:06 dev vxlan0 master
RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory

It works in 4.4.

Can someone please point to the patch that made this change ?

In kernels without this patch is there an alternative to delete
(actually I want to do it programmatically) dynamic mac entries ?

* Re: Deleting a dynamic mac entry..
@ 2017-05-23  3:17   ` Toshiaki Makita
From: Toshiaki Makita @ 2017-05-23  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manohar Kumar; +Cc: netdev, bridge

On 2017/05/21 11:28, Manohar Kumar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In 3.19 the following bridge fdb command to delete a dynamically
> learned entry fails..
>
> root@net-3:~# bridge fdb show | grep 02:42:0a:ff:00:06
> 02:42:0a:ff:00:06 dev vxlan0 master br0
> root@net-3:~# bridge fdb del 02:42:0a:ff:00:06 dev vxlan0 master
> RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory
>
> It works in 4.4.
>
> Can someone please point to the patch that made this change ?

25d3b493a52d ("bridge: Fix inability to add non-vlan fdb entry") might
be what you are looking for, but you might want to do git-bisect to
track down any regression or fix.

> In kernels without this patch is there an alternative to delete
> (actually I want to do it programmatically) dynamic mac entries ?

If 25d3b493a52d is causing your problem, set default_pvid to 0 in order
to disable default_pvid, and delete any vlans which is already
configured in bridge's vlan_filtering. Then, delete the fdb entry.

Toshiaki Makita

* Re: [Bridge] Deleting a dynamic mac entry..
@ 2017-05-23  3:17   ` Toshiaki Makita
From: Toshiaki Makita @ 2017-05-23  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manohar Kumar; +Cc: netdev, bridge

@ 2017-05-24 18:05     ` Manohar Kumar
From: Manohar Kumar @ 2017-05-24 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toshiaki Makita; +Cc: netdev, bridge

Thanks, Toshiaki.

What is the right way to set the default_pvid using the bridge command
? I tried this, which fails..

root@net-3:~# ip link set dev vxlan0 name untagged type vlan id 0
RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
root@net-3:~#

All the interfaces in the bridge are untagged.

thanks,
Manohar.

From: Manohar Kumar @ 2017-05-24 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toshiaki Makita; +Cc: netdev, bridge

@ 2017-05-25  1:11       ` Toshiaki Makita
From: Toshiaki Makita @ 2017-05-25  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manohar Kumar; +Cc: netdev, bridge

On 2017/05/25 3:05, Manohar Kumar wrote:
> Thanks, Toshiaki.
>
> What is the right way to set the default_pvid using the bridge command
> ? I tried this, which fails..
>
> root@net-3:~# ip link set dev vxlan0 name untagged type vlan id 0
> RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
> root@net-3:~#
>
> All the interfaces in the bridge are untagged.

# ip link set br0 down
# echo 0 > /sys/class/net/br0/bridge/default_pvid

From: Toshiaki Makita @ 2017-05-25  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manohar Kumar; +Cc: netdev, bridge

@ 2017-05-26  5:08         ` Manohar Kumar
From: Manohar Kumar @ 2017-05-26  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toshiaki Makita; +Cc: netdev, bridge

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 6:11 PM, Toshiaki Makita
<makita.toshiaki@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> On 2017/05/25 3:05, Manohar Kumar wrote:
>> Thanks, Toshiaki.
>>
>> What is the right way to set the default_pvid using the bridge command
>> ? I tried this, which fails..
>>
>> root@net-3:~# ip link set dev vxlan0 name untagged type vlan id 0
>> RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
>> root@net-3:~#
>>
>> All the interfaces in the bridge are untagged.
>
> # ip link set br0 down
> # echo 0 > /sys/class/net/br0/bridge/default_pvid

I have the bridge inside a network namespace. There is no
/sys/class/net entry for the bridge interface inside the namespace.

I see online references to this concept of 'tagged' sysfs directories
to support namespaces. But its not clear how to access the sysfs
entries for a particular namespace.

Is there any other way to set the default_pvid for the bridge
interface inside namespace ?

thanks for the help.

Manohar.

From: Manohar Kumar @ 2017-05-26  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toshiaki Makita; +Cc: netdev, bridge

@ 2017-05-26  8:15           ` Toshiaki Makita
From: Toshiaki Makita @ 2017-05-26  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manohar Kumar; +Cc: netdev, bridge

On 2017/05/26 14:08, Manohar Kumar wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 6:11 PM, Toshiaki Makita
> <makita.toshiaki@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> On 2017/05/25 3:05, Manohar Kumar wrote:
>>> Thanks, Toshiaki.
>>>
>>> What is the right way to set the default_pvid using the bridge command
>>> ? I tried this, which fails..
>>>
>>> root@net-3:~# ip link set dev vxlan0 name untagged type vlan id 0
>>> RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
>>> root@net-3:~#
>>>
>>> All the interfaces in the bridge are untagged.
>>
>> # ip link set br0 down
>> # echo 0 > /sys/class/net/br0/bridge/default_pvid
>>

> I have the bridge inside a network namespace. There is no
> /sys/class/net entry for the bridge interface inside the namespace.
>
> I see online references to this concept of 'tagged' sysfs directories
> to support namespaces. But its not clear how to access the sysfs
> entries for a particular namespace.

Did you remount /sys after entering netns?
If not, remount /sys or use "ip netns" which automatically do it.

> Is there any other way to set the default_pvid for the bridge
> interface inside namespace ?

No, as of 3.19.

From: Toshiaki Makita @ 2017-05-26  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manohar Kumar; +Cc: netdev, bridge

@ 2017-05-31  1:50             ` Manohar Kumar
From: Manohar Kumar @ 2017-05-31  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toshiaki Makita; +Cc: netdev, bridge

Please see inline..

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 1:15 AM, Toshiaki Makita
<makita.toshiaki@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> On 2017/05/26 14:08, Manohar Kumar wrote:
>> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 6:11 PM, Toshiaki Makita
>> <makita.toshiaki@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

>>> # ip link set br0 down
>>> # echo 0 > /sys/class/net/br0/bridge/default_pvid
>>>

>> I have the bridge inside a network namespace. There is no
>> /sys/class/net entry for the bridge interface inside the namespace.
>>
>> I see online references to this concept of 'tagged' sysfs directories
>> to support namespaces. But its not clear how to access the sysfs
>> entries for a particular namespace.
>
> Did you remount /sys after entering netns?

No, that was the problem. Mounting /sys did the trick. Appreciate your help.

Trying to understanding this better. How is the sysfs tree maintained
per network namespace ? I assume only the /sys/class/net is per
network namespace and the rest of the /sys is shared with the host
namespace ? Also, how does mounting /sys in the network namespace make
the new /sys/class/net tree visible ?

thanks,
Manohar.

From: Manohar Kumar @ 2017-05-31  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)