* [Questions]Can client know which OSDs are storing the data?
@ 2015-01-27  7:07 Dennis Chen
From: Dennis Chen @ 2015-01-27  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel, Dennis Chen

Hello Guys,

My question is very rude and direct, a little bit stupid maybe ;-)

Question a: a client write a file to the cluster (supposing replica =
3), so the data will be stored in 3 OSDs within the cluster, can I get
the information of which OSDs storing the file data in client side?

Question b: can the object data still be replicated if I store a
object from client with RADOS API?

Thank you guys !
--
Den

* RE: [Questions]Can client know which OSDs are storing the data?
@ 2015-01-27  7:51 ` Ma, Jianpeng
From: Ma, Jianpeng @ 2015-01-27  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dennis Chen, ceph-devel

Ceph osd map <poolname> <objectname>
Display the osd and pg which store object.

> Question b: can the object data still be replicated if I store a object from client
> with RADOS API?
Yes, rados api is also a client.