* [ANN] U-Boot v2023.01-rc4 released
@ 2022-12-19 13:46 Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2022-12-19 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot; +Cc: u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

Hey all,

Here's -rc4, on schedule. I believe this should resolve the case Fedora
showed where some binaries are allowed to be missing, IF a flag is also
passed to make. We've got one more patch to make external optional
binaries be more clearly supported, to pull in still.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2023.01-rc3..v2023.01-rc4
contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
will provide better results here.

Looking forward, the schedule is for now rcs every other Monday, and
with final release on January 9th, 2023.  Thanks all!

--
Tom

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ANN] U-Boot v2023.01-rc4 released
@ 2022-12-20  6:41 ` Jagan Teki
From: Jagan Teki @ 2022-12-20  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Rini, Kever Yang; +Cc: u-boot, u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 at 19:16, Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Here's -rc4, on schedule. I believe this should resolve the case Fedora
> showed where some binaries are allowed to be missing, IF a flag is also
> passed to make. We've got one more patch to make external optional
> binaries be more clearly supported, to pull in still.
>
> In terms of a changelog,
> git log --merges v2023.01-rc3..v2023.01-rc4
> contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
> will provide better results here.
>
> Looking forward, the schedule is for now rcs every other Monday, and
> with final release on January 9th, 2023.  Thanks all!

Any chance to pick rv1126 series for this rc so-that it will include
in the release? It's been there for a while.

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/cover/20221214175111.477134-1-jagan@edgeble.ai/

Jagan.

* Re: [ANN] U-Boot v2023.01-rc4 released
@ 2022-12-20  7:07   ` Kever Yang
From: Kever Yang @ 2022-12-20  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jagan Teki, Tom Rini; +Cc: u-boot, u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

Hi Jagan,

On 2022/12/20 14:41, Jagan Teki wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 at 19:16, Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Here's -rc4, on schedule. I believe this should resolve the case Fedora
>> showed where some binaries are allowed to be missing, IF a flag is also
>> passed to make. We've got one more patch to make external optional
>> binaries be more clearly supported, to pull in still.
>>
>> In terms of a changelog,
>> git log --merges v2023.01-rc3..v2023.01-rc4
>> contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
>> will provide better results here.
>>
>> Looking forward, the schedule is for now rcs every other Monday, and
>> with final release on January 9th, 2023.  Thanks all!
> Any chance to pick rv1126 series for this rc so-that it will include
> in the release? It's been there for a while.
>
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/cover/20221214175111.477134-1-jagan@edgeble.ai/

This patch set is on my for-next list, I will send the PR once ready.

But seems something wrong on board which is not rockchip soc:

https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-rockchip/-/pipelines/14468

Thanks,

- Kever

@ 2022-12-20  7:17     ` Jagan Teki
From: Jagan Teki @ 2022-12-20  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kever Yang; +Cc: Tom Rini, u-boot, u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

Hi Kever,

On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 at 12:37, Kever Yang <kever.yang@rock-chips.com> wrote:

> Hi Jagan,
>
> On 2022/12/20 14:41, Jagan Teki wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 at 19:16, Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
> >> Hey all,
> >>
> >> Here's -rc4, on schedule. I believe this should resolve the case Fedora
> >> showed where some binaries are allowed to be missing, IF a flag is also
> >> passed to make. We've got one more patch to make external optional
> >> binaries be more clearly supported, to pull in still.
> >>
> >> In terms of a changelog,
> >> git log --merges v2023.01-rc3..v2023.01-rc4
> >> contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
> >> will provide better results here.
> >>
> >> Looking forward, the schedule is for now rcs every other Monday, and
> >> with final release on January 9th, 2023.  Thanks all!
> > Any chance to pick rv1126 series for this rc so-that it will include
> > in the release? It's been there for a while.
> >
> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/cover/20221214175111.477134-1-jagan@edgeble.ai/
>

> This patch set is on my for-next list, I will send the PR once ready.
>
> But seems something wrong on board which is not rockchip soc:
>
> https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-rockchip/-/pipelines/14468

This link not opening for me.

Jagan.

* Re: [ANN] U-Boot v2023.01-rc4 released
@ 2022-12-22  9:02       ` Jagan Teki
From: Jagan Teki @ 2022-12-22  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kever Yang; +Cc: Tom Rini, u-boot, u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

Hi Kever,

On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 at 12:47, Jagan Teki <jagan@edgeble.ai> wrote:

> Hi Kever,
>
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 at 12:37, Kever Yang <kever.yang@rock-chips.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Jagan,

> > > Any chance to pick rv1126 series for this rc so-that it will include
> > > in the release? It's been there for a while.
> > >
> > > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/cover/20221214175111.477134-1-jagan@edgeble.ai/
> >

> > This patch set is on my for-next list, I will send the PR once ready.
> >
> > But seems something wrong on board which is not rockchip soc:
> >
> > https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-rockchip/-/pipelines/14468
>
> This link not opening for me.

Ping!

* Re: [ANN] U-Boot v2023.01-rc4 released
@ 2022-12-22 14:22         ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2022-12-22 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jagan Teki
  Cc: Kever Yang, u-boot, u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 02:32:23PM +0530, Jagan Teki wrote:
> Hi Kever,
>
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 at 12:47, Jagan Teki <jagan@edgeble.ai> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Kever,
> >
> > On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 at 12:37, Kever Yang <kever.yang@rock-chips.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Jagan,

> > > This patch set is on my for-next list, I will send the PR once ready.
> > >
> > > But seems something wrong on board which is not rockchip soc:
> > >
> > > https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-rockchip/-/pipelines/14468
> >
> > This link not opening for me.
>
> Ping!

I've changed the setting to be public visible, but that won't help as
it's failing to build in the strange way that buildman doesn't catch the
output. It's likely broken on the CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE ->
CONFIG_TEXT_BASE change, and perhaps some other Kconfig migrations. At
this point I'd really just like to see this rebased on next, sometime
next week (after I finishing pushing all of the migrations through).

--

@ 2022-12-26  4:53         ` Kever Yang
From: Kever Yang @ 2022-12-26  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jagan Teki; +Cc: Tom Rini, u-boot, u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

Hi Jagan,

     Could you help to rebase on top of next?

I met two issues:

- CFG_SYS_TEXT_BASE as Tom mentioned;

- CONFIG_SYS_HZ_CLOCK could not use report by buildman.

+Error: You must add new CONFIG options using Kconfig
+The following new ad-hoc CONFIG options were detected:
+CONFIG_SYS_HZ_CLOCK

Thanks,

- Kever

@ 2022-12-26  6:28           ` Jagan Teki
From: Jagan Teki @ 2022-12-26  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kever Yang; +Cc: Tom Rini, u-boot, u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

On Mon, 26 Dec 2022 at 10:23, Kever Yang <kever.yang@rock-chips.com> wrote:

> Hi Jagan,
>

>      Could you help to rebase on top of next?

is it u-boot/next or u-boot-rockchip/for-next?

Jagan.

* Re: [ANN] U-Boot v2023.01-rc4 released
@ 2022-12-26 10:44             ` Kever Yang
From: Kever Yang @ 2022-12-26 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jagan Teki; +Cc: Tom Rini, u-boot, u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

Hi Jagan,

     I have fix all the CFG/CONFIG_ related change, so no need to rebase
from your side.

     But I still get build error, seems because bl31 support on imx8
platform?

https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-rockchip/-/jobs/546342

Tom, could you help to have a check?

Thanks,

- Kever

@ 2022-12-26 11:23               ` Jagan Teki
From: Jagan Teki @ 2022-12-26 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kever Yang; +Cc: Tom Rini, u-boot, u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

On Mon, 26 Dec 2022 at 16:14, Kever Yang <kever.yang@rock-chips.com> wrote:

> Hi Jagan,
>
>      I have fix all the CFG/CONFIG_ related change, so no need to rebase
> from your side.
>
>      But I still get build error, seems because bl31 support on imx8
> platform?
>
> https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-rockchip/-/jobs/546342

I have rebased on u-boot/next - all are passed.

https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-spi/-/pipelines/14520

If you are okay, I will send V5 or you pick my tree. let me know.

Jagan.