* System freezes with Kernel BUG at kernel/time/timer.c:1108 run_timer_softirq()
@ 2015-10-14  4:02 Raghavendra. S
From: Raghavendra. S @ 2015-10-14  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi,

  In my x86 laptop I could observe random panic with Fatal exception
in interrupt. We are testing Wi-Fi with our own driver issue occur
randomly after 2-3 hours of testing.

  Panic is due to fatal except in interrupt and Kernel stack trace is
run_timer_softirq()->__run_timers()->cascade()->BUG_ON(tbase_get_base(timer->base)
!= base);

[image: Inline image 1]

  Any pointers to debug this will be of great help.

-Raghu
* System freezes with Kernel BUG at kernel/time/timer.c:1108 run_timer_softirq()
@ 2015-10-19 11:02 ` Mulyadi Santosa
From: Mulyadi Santosa @ 2015-10-19 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Raghavendra. S
<raghavendra.akkasali@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   In my x86 laptop I could observe random panic with Fatal exception in interrupt. We are testing Wi-Fi with our own driver issue occur randomly after 2-3 hours of testing.
>
>   Panic is due to fatal except in interrupt and Kernel stack trace is  run_timer_softirq()->__run_timers()->cascade()->BUG_ON(tbase_get_base(timer->base) != base);
>

>   Any pointers to debug this will be of great help.
>

> -Raghu

First of all, please send email using plain text mode. If you need to
send picture, better attach it to somewhere else and provide us with
the link.

I am just guessing:
it might be that when timer is about to run or in the middle of
running, the data structure that represents the timer gets deleted.

Sounds like race condition then.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa