* Xen VMI APIs
@ 2020-08-10 12:40 CS17B006 ARNAB DUTTA
From: CS17B006 ARNAB DUTTA @ 2020-08-10 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Respected Sir/Ma'm
I am Arnab and I am currently writing rust bindings for xen vmi APIs for a
project known as Libmicrovmi which aims to provide unified vmi APIs for
various hypervisors. I am facing some difficulty regarding setting up the
event system in the sense that after enabling monitoring for events, on
polling I get a return value of 1, but xenevtchn_pending() returns a value
-1, which probably means it cannot get a port with pending events. I am
really confused and need help here.

Thanking you

With regards
Arnab Dutta
Computer Science and Engineering Department
Indian Institute of Technology, Tirupati, India
Ph no. 8420771531

* Re: Xen VMI APIs
@ 2020-08-10 13:25 ` Wei Liu
From: Wei Liu @ 2020-08-10 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CS17B006 ARNAB DUTTA; +Cc: xen-devel, Wei Liu

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 06:10:17PM +0530, CS17B006 ARNAB DUTTA wrote:
> Respected Sir/Ma'm
> I am Arnab and I am currently writing rust bindings for xen vmi APIs for a
> project known as Libmicrovmi which aims to provide unified vmi APIs for
> various hypervisors. I am facing some difficulty regarding setting up the
> event system in the sense that after enabling monitoring for events, on
> polling I get a return value of 1, but xenevtchn_pending() returns a value
> -1, which probably means it cannot get a port with pending events. I am
> really confused and need help here.

If you can, please post your code.

Also, you can check why eenevtchn_pending returns -1 by reading kernel /
hypervisor code and adding a few debug prints.

Wei.