* doc/usage:Warning from PATMAN tool prevents uploading a cmd-usage help file for askenv
@ 2021-06-11  9:56 Adarsh Babu Kalepalli
From: Adarsh Babu Kalepalli @ 2021-06-11  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot, Heinrich Schuchardt; +Cc: wd

Hi Heinrich,

Having prepared the documentation for "askenv" man page , getting stuck
with a warning (PATMAN tool )to submit the patch.
---------------------------------
$git add doc/usage/askenv.rst
$git commit
$./tools/patman/patman -c1 send -n
----------------------------------
vb@vb:~/uboot/temp/u-boot$ ./tools/patman/patman -c1 send -n
WARNING: Unknown setting ignore_warnings
Cleaned 1 patch
WARNING:FILE_PATH_CHANGES: added, moved or deleted file(s), does
MAINTAINERS need updating?
#16:
new file mode 100644
total: 0 errors, 1 warnings, 0 checks, 87 lines checked

0 errors, 1 warnings, 0 checks for 0001-testing.patch:
<patch>:16: *warning: added, moved or deleted file(s), does MAINTAINERS
need updating?*
checkpatch.pl found 0 error(s), 1 warning(s), 0 checks(s)
Bad divisor in main::vcs_assign: 0
Not sending emails due to errors/warnings
Dry run, so not doing much. But I would do this:

Send a total of 1 patch with no cover letter.
   0001-testing.patch
      Cc:  GitAuthor: Adarsh Babu Kalepalli <opensource.kab@gmail.com>
To:  u-boot@lists.denx.de
Version:  None
Prefix:  None
Email would not be sent
How do I update maintainers about this new file ??.

It was noticed that modifying
*my %ignore_type = ();*
*my %ignore_type = (FILE_PATH_CHANGES);*

skipped generating this warning message.

How do I overcome this blocker??,Please advise.

Regards,
Adarsh

* Re: doc/usage:Warning from PATMAN tool prevents uploading a cmd-usage help file for askenv
@ 2021-06-11 12:02 ` Heinrich Schuchardt
From: Heinrich Schuchardt @ 2021-06-11 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adarsh Babu Kalepalli; +Cc: Wolfgang Denk, u-boot

On 6/11/21 11:56 AM, Adarsh Babu Kalepalli wrote:
> Hi Heinrich,
>
> Having prepared the documentation for "askenv" man page , getting stuck
> with a warning (PATMAN tool )to submit the patch.
> ---------------------------------
> $git add doc/usage/askenv.rst
> $git commit
> $./tools/patman/patman -c1 send -n
> ----------------------------------
> vb@vb:~/uboot/temp/u-boot$ ./tools/patman/patman -c1 send -n
> WARNING: Unknown setting ignore_warnings
> Cleaned 1 patch
> WARNING:FILE_PATH_CHANGES: added, moved or deleted file(s), does
> MAINTAINERS need updating?
> #16:
> new file mode 100644
> total: 0 errors, 1 warnings, 0 checks, 87 lines checked
>
> 0 errors, 1 warnings, 0 checks for 0001-testing.patch:
> <patch>:16: *warning: added, moved or deleted file(s), does MAINTAINERS
> need updating?*
> checkpatch.pl <http://checkpatch.pl> found 0 error(s), 1 warning(s), 0
> checks(s)
> Bad divisor in main::vcs_assign: 0
> Not sending emails due to errors/warnings
> Dry run, so not doing much. But I would do this:
>
> Send a total of 1 patch with no cover letter.
>     0001-testing.patch
>        Cc:  GitAuthor: Adarsh Babu Kalepalli <opensource.kab@gmail.com
> <mailto:opensource.kab@gmail.com>>
> To: u-boot@lists.denx.de <mailto:u-boot@lists.denx.de>
> Version:  None
> Prefix:  None
> Email would not be sent
> How do I update maintainers about this new file ??.
>
> It was noticed that modifying
> *my %ignore_type = ();*
> *my %ignore_type = (FILE_PATH_CHANGES);*
> *
> *
> skipped generating this warning message.
>
> How do I overcome this blocker??,Please advise.
>
> Regards,
> Adarsh

Just use 'git send-email'.

Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> is the maintainer for 'THE REST'. Put him