* having llvm available for gallium
@ 2017-04-11  1:38 Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2017-04-11  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core; +Cc: drew_moseley

I think this might be a casualty of RSS, but when trying to build mesa for the
gizmo2 I get:

	| checking for wayland-scanner... no
	| checking for XCB_DRI2... yes
	| checking for x86_64-oe-linux-llvm-config... no
	| checking for llvm-config... no
	| checking for RADEON... yes
	| configure: error: LLVM is required to build Gallium R300 on x86 and x86_64

There already is a dependency on llvm${MESA_LLVM_RELEASE} so I'm not sure what
magic is required to make llvm-config available.

* Re: having llvm available for gallium
@ 2017-04-11  6:52 ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2017-04-11  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Woerner
  Cc: Drew Moseley, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Check this:

http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2017-April/135050.html

@ 2017-04-12  6:38     ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2017-04-12  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Woerner
  Cc: Drew Moseley, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 03:22:52AM -0400, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 2:52 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Check this:
> >
> > http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2017-April/135050.html
>
> Excellent! That works for me :-)
>
> Is this a fix, or a work-around? Is this something that's going to be
> applied, or is a better fix needed?

Depends on what exactly works for you :).

In my builds I have khem's change reverted for oe-core mesa to find llvm
from meta-oe.

I don't use meta-clang to check where does it install the llvm-config
scripts if it's different location than what we have in meta-oe or not,
but I assume khem was testing his mesa change with meta-clang's llvm.

If it's different than it would be nice to unify that first as discussed
in:
http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2017-April/135468.html
and then use the same path from mesa configuration.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa@gmail.com

* Re: having llvm available for gallium
@ 2017-04-12  7:22   ` Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2017-04-12  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Jansa
  Cc: Drew Moseley, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

@ 2017-04-13 14:11       ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2017-04-13 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Woerner, Martin Jansa, Khem Raj
  Cc: Drew Moseley, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On 12 April 2017 at 07:38, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't use meta-clang to check where does it install the llvm-config
> scripts if it's different location than what we have in meta-oe or not,
> but I assume khem was testing his mesa change with meta-clang's llvm.

Trevor, what layer were you getting llvm from?  Khem's fix looks good from
a "stop host contamination" point of view, so we either need to fix
meta-something or mesa very soon as oe-core is very close to the final RC
builds.

Ross

* Re: having llvm available for gallium
@ 2017-04-15 22:53         ` Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2017-04-15 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross
  Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer, Drew Moseley

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
> Trevor, what layer were you getting llvm from?  Khem's fix looks good from a
> "stop host contamination" point of view, so we either need to fix
> meta-something or mesa very soon as oe-core is very close to the final RC
> builds.

meta-amd
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-amd/tree/common/recipes-core/llvm
MACHINE: steppeeagle

The mentor people fixed things up in meta-amd, so it looks like this
was a localized thing:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-amd/diff/common/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa_git.bbappend