* Should meta-python2 include python-numpy?
@ 2020-05-18 20:26 david.banks.engineer
From: david.banks.engineer @ 2020-05-18 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

I have a layer the requires python-numpy (specifically python2's numpy).
When upgrading to zeus, it no longer works because oe-core no longer
provides the python2 version of numpy. For now I just added numpy to my
broken layer, but I am wondering if it makes sense to add python2 numpy to
meta-python2.

Thanks,
David

* Re: [oe] Should meta-python2 include python-numpy?
@ 2020-05-18 21:14 ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2020-05-18 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Banks; +Cc: openembedded-devel

I've asked the same in December, see:
https://www.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2019-December/203618.html

I've also included them in my layer:
https://github.com/ros/meta-ros/commit/630d755319c2bb5d33e2f5910877e153eaebc47d
because I don't want to include meta-python2/zeus branch into my builds,
I'm using meta-python2 in dunfell based builds (because that's where
python2 was removed from oe-core and meta-oe) for zeus it's still unclear
to me what meta-python2/zeus is supposed to be used for.

@ 2020-05-21 12:40   ` David Banks
From: David Banks @ 2020-05-21 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Jansa; +Cc: openembedded-devel