* [meta-qt5] Why is GLib disabled?
@ 2015-11-09 21:23 Carlos Rafael Giani
From: Carlos Rafael Giani @ 2015-11-09 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hello,

in most Qt5 builds, I have seen GLib support enabled. But in meta-qt5,
the corresponding packageconfig is disabled by default. Is there a
reason for this?
It does cause problems when interfacing with libraries that make use of
the GLib mainloop (for example, GStreamer).

* Re: [meta-qt5] Why is GLib disabled?
@ 2015-11-10  7:34 ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2015-11-10  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Partially historic reasons no longer valid with _remove operator.

It's easier to add stuff to PACKAGECONFIG than remove stuff. So I wanted to
make meta-qt5 as small as possible (to build) with minimal PACKAGECONFIG,
there are couple of comments in qtbase_git.bb advising people to enable
some PACKAGECONFIG options to make qtbase more useful for other recipes
like qtdeclarative or qtwebkit.

Regards,