* oecommit ml
@ 2015-11-12 23:14 Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2015-11-12 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

It seems I missed some announcement. At first I thought I had been
unsubscribed from the openembedded-commits mailing list (since I haven't
received any emails on that list since about the end of September). So I
looked up http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-commits/
and it seems to have gone quiet about that time too.

I liked being able to watch the commits to see what was going in, and to
check if my patches were added (before sending "ping"s, without having
to "git pull" and search). Is there a new workflow for seeing what's
going in?

* Re: oecommit ml
@ 2015-11-13 11:59 ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2015-11-13 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Woerner, michael; +Cc: openembedded-core

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 06:14:14PM -0500, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> It seems I missed some announcement. At first I thought I had been
> unsubscribed from the openembedded-commits mailing list (since I haven't
> received any emails on that list since about the end of September). So I
> looked up http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-commits/
> and it seems to have gone quiet about that time too.

I've already asked Paul and Michael few times on IRC in last few weeks.

I haven't received any reply from Michael, adding him to To, now.

> I liked being able to watch the commits to see what was going in, and to
> check if my patches were added (before sending "ping"s, without having
> to "git pull" and search). Is there a new workflow for seeing what's
> going in?

Yes, I find them useful too (e.g. to report issue with commit which was
recently merged) or in general to know that it's worth doing "git pull".

--
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa@gmail.com

* Re: oecommit ml
@ 2015-11-13 20:47   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2015-11-13 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Jansa; +Cc: openembedded-core

> On Nov 13, 2015, at 3:59 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 06:14:14PM -0500, Trevor Woerner wrote:
>> It seems I missed some announcement. At first I thought I had been
>> unsubscribed from the openembedded-commits mailing list (since I haven't
>> received any emails on that list since about the end of September). So I
>> looked up http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-commits/
>> and it seems to have gone quiet about that time too.
>
> I've already asked Paul and Michael few times on IRC in last few weeks.
>
> I haven't received any reply from Michael, adding him to To, now.

I see that git-notify hooks have been disabled explicitly for all repos in update.secondary file. thats why the messages are not being
sent. We can enable them but I would like to know the reason they were disabled in first place. Since we do not have this under some
sort of revision history, I can not find information for them as well. So we need this info before we enable them back.

>> I liked being able to watch the commits to see what was going in, and to
>> check if my patches were added (before sending "ping"s, without having
>> to "git pull" and search). Is there a new workflow for seeing what's
>> going in?
>
> Yes, I find them useful too (e.g. to report issue with commit which was
> recently merged) or in general to know that it's worth doing "git pull".
>
> --
> Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa@gmail.com

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: oecommit ml
@ 2015-11-13 21:39     ` Michael Halstead
From: Michael Halstead @ 2015-11-13 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj, Martin Jansa; +Cc: openembedded-core

It seems git-notify was sending mail as "cia@cia.navi.cx" and that was
causing the mail server to get added to blacklists so it was disabled.
I've changed the script and re-enabled it for:

openembedded-core
meta-openembedded
OpenEmbedded (but I don't know if we need it)

Michael Halstead
Yocto Project / SysAdmin

On 11/13/2015 12:47 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
>> On Nov 13, 2015, at 3:59 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 06:14:14PM -0500, Trevor Woerner wrote:
>>> It seems I missed some announcement. At first I thought I had been
>>> unsubscribed from the openembedded-commits mailing list (since I haven't
>>> received any emails on that list since about the end of September). So I
>>> looked up http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-commits/
>>> and it seems to have gone quiet about that time too.
>> I've already asked Paul and Michael few times on IRC in last few weeks.
>>
>> I haven't received any reply from Michael, adding him to To, now.
>
> I see that git-notify hooks have been disabled explicitly for all repos in update.secondary file. thats why the messages are not being
> sent. We can enable them but I would like to know the reason they were disabled in first place. Since we do not have this under some
> sort of revision history, I can not find information for them as well. So we need this info before we enable them back.
>
>>> I liked being able to watch the commits to see what was going in, and to
>>> check if my patches were added (before sending "ping"s, without having
>>> to "git pull" and search). Is there a new workflow for seeing what's
>>> going in?
>> Yes, I find them useful too (e.g. to report issue with commit which was
>> recently merged) or in general to know that it's worth doing "git pull".
>>
>> --
>> Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa@gmail.com
>> --

* Re: oecommit ml
@ 2015-11-13 21:41       ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2015-11-13 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Halstead; +Cc: openembedded-core

> On Nov 13, 2015, at 1:39 PM, Michael Halstead <michael@yoctoproject.org> wrote:
>
> It seems git-notify was sending mail as "cia@cia.navi.cx" and that was
> causing the mail server to get added to blacklists so it was disabled.
> I've changed the script and re-enabled it for:
>
> openembedded-core
> meta-openembedded
> OpenEmbedded (but I don't know if we need it)

bitbake too plz.

@ 2015-11-13 21:45         ` Michael Halstead
From: Michael Halstead @ 2015-11-13 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: openembedded-core

Bitbake is disabled with the note:

# interferes with patchwork sice it sends emails after the patches are
closed
# we could re-enable it if the mails went to someother ml may be
bitbake-commits

This happens because it was mailing bitbake-devel@lists.openembedded.org

We can mail openembedded-commits@lists.openembedded.org which would work
fine. Or I can create a bitbake-commits@lists.openembedded.org. Which is
better?

Michael Halstead
Yocto Project / SysAdmin

On 11/13/2015 01:41 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
>> On Nov 13, 2015, at 1:39 PM, Michael Halstead <michael@yoctoproject.org> wrote:
>>
>> It seems git-notify was sending mail as "cia@cia.navi.cx" and that was
>> causing the mail server to get added to blacklists so it was disabled.
>> I've changed the script and re-enabled it for:
>>
>> openembedded-core
>> meta-openembedded
>> OpenEmbedded (but I don't know if we need it)
> bitbake too plz.
>
>> Michael Halstead
>> Yocto Project / SysAdmin

>>> I see that git-notify hooks have been disabled explicitly for all repos in update.secondary file. thats why the messages are not being
>>> sent. We can enable them but I would like to know the reason they were disabled in first place. Since we do not have this under some
>>> sort of revision history, I can not find information for them as well. So we need this info before we enable them back.

* Re: oecommit ml
@ 2015-11-13 21:50           ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2015-11-13 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Halstead; +Cc: openembedded-core

I think mailing to openembedded-commits@lists.openembedded.org might be ok. with [bitbake] in message subject for filtering help.

@ 2015-11-13 22:03             ` Michael Halstead
From: Michael Halstead @ 2015-11-13 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: openembedded-core

On 11/13/2015 01:50 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
>> On Nov 13, 2015, at 1:45 PM, Michael Halstead <michael@yoctoproject.org> wrote:
>>
>> Bitbake is disabled with the note:
>>
>> # interferes with patchwork sice it sends emails after the patches are
>> closed
>> # we could re-enable it if the mails went to someother ml may be
>> bitbake-commits
>>
>> This happens because it was mailing bitbake-devel@lists.openembedded.org
>>
>> We can mail openembedded-commits@lists.openembedded.org which would work
>> fine. Or I can create a bitbake-commits@lists.openembedded.org. Which is
>> better?
> I think mailing to openembedded-commits@lists.openembedded.org might be ok. with [bitbake] in message subject for filtering help.

I've altered the script to include [reponame] in the subject of all
e-mails and enabled for bitbake.

Michael Halstead
Yocto Project / SysAdmin

>> Michael Halstead
>> Yocto Project / SysAdmin

>>> bitbake too plz.

* Re: oecommit ml
@ 2015-11-16 20:52               ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2015-11-16 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Halstead; +Cc: openembedded-core

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 02:03:07PM -0800, Michael Halstead wrote:

> On 11/13/2015 01:50 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> >> On Nov 13, 2015, at 1:45 PM, Michael Halstead <michael@yoctoproject.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Bitbake is disabled with the note:
> >>
> >> # interferes with patchwork sice it sends emails after the patches are
> >> closed
> >> # we could re-enable it if the mails went to someother ml may be
> >> bitbake-commits
> >>
> >> This happens because it was mailing bitbake-devel@lists.openembedded.org
> >>
> >> We can mail openembedded-commits@lists.openembedded.org which would work
> >> fine. Or I can create a bitbake-commits@lists.openembedded.org. Which is
> >> better?
> > I think mailing to openembedded-commits@lists.openembedded.org might be ok. with [bitbake] in message subject for filtering help.
>
> I've altered the script to include [reponame] in the subject of all
> e-mails and enabled for bitbake.

Seems to be causing some new warnings when pushing to the repo:

OE @ ~/meta-openembedded $ git push origin master
Counting objects: 204, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (193/193), done.
Writing objects: 100% (204/204), 38.00 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 204 (delta 147), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Scalar found where operator expected at /home/git/git-notify line 140, near "$subject"
remote:         (Missing semicolon on previous line?)
remote: Global symbol "@openembedded" requires explicit package name at /home/git/git-notify line 60.
remote: syntax error at /home/git/git-notify line 140, near "$subject "
remote: Execution of /home/git/git-notify aborted due to compilation errors.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 7df2b574f1c4ad445b1656666878cb2ceffca2e0.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev ea5bc66444a1e9b5fb330d8a6d42dc95e4bc9500.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 1ec69e6b3891c01734e57a908a2a675128f126eb.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev a1d3dce036f80867d30993742d55abb17c6bc057.

@ 2015-11-16 20:56                 ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2015-11-16 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Halstead; +Cc: openembedded-core

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 09:52:35PM +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:

> > > I think mailing to openembedded-commits@lists.openembedded.org might be ok. with [bitbake] in message subject for filtering help.
> >
> > I've altered the script to include [reponame] in the subject of all
> > e-mails and enabled for bitbake.
>
> Seems to be causing some new warnings when pushing to the repo:
>
> OE @ ~/meta-openembedded $ git push origin master
> Counting objects: 204, done.
> Delta compression using up to 8 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (193/193), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (204/204), 38.00 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
> Total 204 (delta 147), reused 0 (delta 0)
> remote: Scalar found where operator expected at /home/git/git-notify line 140, near "$subject"
> remote:         (Missing semicolon on previous line?)
> remote: Global symbol "@openembedded" requires explicit package name at /home/git/git-notify line 60.
> remote: syntax error at /home/git/git-notify line 140, near "$subject "
> remote: Execution of /home/git/git-notify aborted due to compilation errors.
> remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 7df2b574f1c4ad445b1656666878cb2ceffca2e0.
> remote: E: failed to find patch for rev ea5bc66444a1e9b5fb330d8a6d42dc95e4bc9500.
> remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 1ec69e6b3891c01734e57a908a2a675128f126eb.
> remote: E: failed to find patch for rev a1d3dce036f80867d30993742d55abb17c6bc057.

and it got stuck (maybe 5 mins sofar) after few more "failed to find patch" messages

remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 035374299937302bf15d14a4175b15b6bfcb4cfa.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 1d35641ab6da3d381af511ee406e2c1d3eaf636b.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev a497a46ef629788b77b9b0b23d1618a673d08709.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 45a6d2537dac421803fcefe8d2e4899a3fc39e43.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev f558b195c3b880069dd51a29be4aefd50eaec329.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 9ba2e55b0f1f7f8326523c1b418997eb38276f2e.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 2200a08dc60486017e59c1950fd3138f79e21030.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 9a381e8c4d4f3ce074a1f934e2f6dfc3172efe8e.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev b145a503839840c0ea43cdab5dcab3a9c6ca7f7b.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 1f96c7d8ce6e18a2c87a180a94afc179f407c5ab.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 72c82837f614fa5d1d3677db71243fe74bf5a496.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev f6a3cd4dcd1654a953c505ff779090717314871a.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev c3d88ca50de5657b9b6c05ed19ac1702c95b3c9c.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev e51b35fdbd6bd64b4e8e1b67d76c7e90d7b9f6d6.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 99d96c933f3fa4f4d7ef5727154b0d8ef6533caa.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 437f22e9aa4977a95cfab5f0dd8359410281bcfd.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 926eeea7c613721cf30105f7c6d7ecc531ccc736.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 1b2a08a9f1a27426662c703d0cea8091aa77ab11.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev d70899b30f7acea4eba3870bbe14a37a44ea7528.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev e528f2e16033dc011e5c8ac2d843af6c78808077.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev 907037a7f989c5bfe699109cef7aa456995d2fea.
remote: E: failed to find patch for rev df552bed28c6ed983a94ebad4185bc9b2d04486f.

"failed to find patch for rev" isn't new, patchwork hook never finds anything and
I have to mark the reviews manually, but it shouldn't be stuck (maybe trying to
send e-mails?).

Also strange that I was pushing 33 changes and only 26 messages were shown (sofar).

@ 2015-11-16 21:56                 ` Michael Halstead
       [not found]                   ` <5659F2A0.7070003@gmail.com>
From: Michael Halstead @ 2015-11-16 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Jansa; +Cc: openembedded-core

I'll get that fixed asap. Probably about 2 hours.

@ 2016-02-16 16:40                     ` Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2016-02-16 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

It's great to see the OE Commit mailing list is being updated again, thanks! :-)

* Re: oecommit ml
@ 2016-02-16 16:53                       ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2016-02-16 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Woerner; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer