* [U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling
@ 2012-12-09  6:03 Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2012-12-09  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello,

It seems like two commits 5ddcc38b (in u-boot, committed by Marek)
29f3e3f2 (in u-boot-arm, committed by Tom from u-boot-tegra) are
conflicting on the seaboard configuration header file for USB (and
possibly other areas).

Tom, can you look into it (and involve whoever is needed) and provide a
pull request with a fix, the same way I asked Stefano and Minkyu for
the same?

Thanks in advance!

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling
@ 2012-12-10 16:25 ` Tom Warren
From: Tom Warren @ 2012-12-10 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Will do.

@ 2012-12-10 16:59   ` Tom Warren
From: Tom Warren @ 2012-12-10 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Albert,

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Tom Warren <twarren.nvidia@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will do.
>
> On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Albert ARIBAUD
> <albert.u.boot@aribaud.net> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> It seems like two commits 5ddcc38b (in u-boot, committed by Marek)
>> 29f3e3f2 (in u-boot-arm, committed by Tom from u-boot-tegra) are
>> conflicting on the seaboard configuration header file for USB (and
>> possibly other areas).

Looking at Allen's commit, it only added CONFIG_USB_KEYBOARD (plus a
comment) to seaboard.h. That should be conflict-free with my rename of
TEGRA20_ to TEGRA_ in seaboard.h.  Looking at Allen's patchset (which
is marked 'Awaiting upstream' in Patchwork, BTW), you can see that my
patch had already been applied to Allen's source
(CONFIG_TEGRA_KEYBOARD instead of CONFIG_TEGRA20_KEYBOARD precedes
Allen's CONFIG_USB_KEYBOARD in seaboard.h).

I pulled TOT u-boot/master, and both commits seem to be just fine for
seaboard.h. It builds fine, too.

Can you be more explicit about the exact conflict, including which
exact repos & branches you are merging when you see the conflict?

Thanks,

Tom

@ 2012-12-10 19:25     ` Allen Martin
From: Allen Martin @ 2012-12-10 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 08:59:59AM -0800, Tom Warren wrote:
> Albert,
>
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Tom Warren <twarren.nvidia@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Will do.
> >
> > On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Albert ARIBAUD
> > <albert.u.boot@aribaud.net> wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> It seems like two commits 5ddcc38b (in u-boot, committed by Marek)
> >> 29f3e3f2 (in u-boot-arm, committed by Tom from u-boot-tegra) are
> >> conflicting on the seaboard configuration header file for USB (and
> >> possibly other areas).
>
> Looking at Allen's commit, it only added CONFIG_USB_KEYBOARD (plus a
> comment) to seaboard.h. That should be conflict-free with my rename of
> TEGRA20_ to TEGRA_ in seaboard.h.  Looking at Allen's patchset (which
> is marked 'Awaiting upstream' in Patchwork, BTW), you can see that my
> patch had already been applied to Allen's source
> (CONFIG_TEGRA_KEYBOARD instead of CONFIG_TEGRA20_KEYBOARD precedes
> Allen's CONFIG_USB_KEYBOARD in seaboard.h).
>
> I pulled TOT u-boot/master, and both commits seem to be just fine for
> seaboard.h. It builds fine, too.
>
> Can you be more explicit about the exact conflict, including which
> exact repos & branches you are merging when you see the conflict?

I can see the conflict if I checkout u-boot-arm/master and then merge
u-boot-tegra/next and u-boot/master.  If we pull the following commit
from u-boot/master into u-boot-tegra/next it helps:

5ddcc38 tegra: Enable USB keyboard

There's still a conflict between the LCD config file changes and the
USB keyboard config file changes, but it's pretty straightforward to
resolve.

-Allen
--
nvpublic

* [U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling
@ 2012-12-10 21:15       ` Tom Warren
From: Tom Warren @ 2012-12-10 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

u-boot-arm/master and u-boot-tegra/next should have the same base
commit (b8a7c46), so merging them isn't a big deal, and goes smoothly
for me. If I then take u-boot/master and merge it, I see a conflict in
drivers/power/power_fls.c and include/configs/mx35pdk.h and
mx53loco.h, but no problems with Tegra code.  I could resolve those
conflicts and continue with the rebase, but ...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but u-boot-tegra and u-boot-usb are both
pulled into u-boot-arm, and (I thought) u-boot-arm is then (or
eventually) pulled into u-boot/master.  I don't pull from u-boot-usb
(or any other 'sub' repo), since that would appear to create conflicts
when Albert pulls into u-boot-arm. I also don't pull from
u-boot/master, since it's essentially 2 levels above me.

Albert - if you can, please show me exactly what fetch/merge or rebase
command sequence is failing for you. I'm still not clear on what the
exact merge conflict error is, nor how to fix it.  Or Allen, if you
have better visibility into exactly what the merge conflict is w/Tegra
that I'm just not seeing, maybe you could provide either a patchset
that'll fix it or steps I can take to do the same.

Thanks,

Tom

@ 2012-12-10 21:51         ` Tom Warren
From: Tom Warren @ 2012-12-10 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Albert,

> On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Albert ARIBAUD
> <albert.u.boot@aribaud.net> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> It seems like two commits 5ddcc38b (in u-boot, committed by Marek)
>> 29f3e3f2 (in u-boot-arm, committed by Tom from u-boot-tegra) are
>> conflicting on the seaboard configuration header file for USB (and
>> possibly other areas).

One possible problem is that I've got new commits ready in
u-boot-tegra/next that were almost ready for a pull request, so I
copied them over to my tegra/master branch and pushed to
u-boot-tegra/master on denx.  I assumed that once I got the 'applied
to u-boot-arm/master' response from you, that I could stage the next
pull request.  But if you (or Allen) are pulling from
u-boot-tegra/master )or /next), you're gonna get commits that haven't
been merged into u-boot-arm/master.

I can push the older tegra/master branch back to denx.de (the one that
I requested a pull from on Nov 19th) if that'll help.  But I'm not
sure how it would help, since all those commits should have been
present in u-boot-arm/master (from my pull request) when you went to
merge w/u-boot/master.

So I'm still not seeing how the conflict arose, or what the path is to
fixing it.

Tom

* [U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling
@ 2012-12-11 19:02           ` Allen Martin
From: Allen Martin @ 2012-12-11 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 01:51:40PM -0800, Tom Warren wrote:
> Albert,
>
> > On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Albert ARIBAUD
> > <albert.u.boot@aribaud.net> wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> It seems like two commits 5ddcc38b (in u-boot, committed by Marek)
> >> 29f3e3f2 (in u-boot-arm, committed by Tom from u-boot-tegra) are
> >> conflicting on the seaboard configuration header file for USB (and
> >> possibly other areas).
>
> One possible problem is that I've got new commits ready in
> u-boot-tegra/next that were almost ready for a pull request, so I
> copied them over to my tegra/master branch and pushed to
> u-boot-tegra/master on denx.  I assumed that once I got the 'applied
> to u-boot-arm/master' response from you, that I could stage the next
> pull request.  But if you (or Allen) are pulling from
> u-boot-tegra/master )or /next), you're gonna get commits that haven't
> been merged into u-boot-arm/master.
>
> I can push the older tegra/master branch back to denx.de (the one that
> I requested a pull from on Nov 19th) if that'll help.  But I'm not
> sure how it would help, since all those commits should have been
> present in u-boot-arm/master (from my pull request) when you went to
> merge w/u-boot/master.
>
> So I'm still not seeing how the conflict arose, or what the path is to
> fixing it.

The conflict came from my config file changes for tegra USB keyboard
which went up to u-boot/master through Marek's tree becasue they
depend on my USB DMA alignment fix which was not a tegra change.
There are subsequent changes in both the tegra and arm trees that were
not based on that change, so they now conflict when attempting to
merge back into u-boot/master.

It's trivial for me to resolve the conflict since I have context on
the changes.  I see that there are other merge conflicts between
u-boot/master and u-boot-arm/master though, so I'm not sure how to
proceed.  Albert do you just want me to post merged versions of the
two files that conflict, so you know how to resolve the conflict
during your merge?

--
nvpublic

* [U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling
@ 2012-12-13 19:20         ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2012-12-13 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 14:15:10 -0700, Tom Warren
<twarren.nvidia@gmail.com> wrote:
> u-boot-arm/master and u-boot-tegra/next should have the same base
> commit (b8a7c46), so merging them isn't a big deal, and goes smoothly
> for me. If I then take u-boot/master and merge it, I see a conflict in
> drivers/power/power_fls.c and include/configs/mx35pdk.h and
> mx53loco.h, but no problems with Tegra code.  I could resolve those
> conflicts and continue with the rebase, but ...
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but u-boot-tegra and u-boot-usb are both
> pulled into u-boot-arm, and (I thought) u-boot-arm is then (or
> eventually) pulled into u-boot/master.  I don't pull from u-boot-usb
> (or any other 'sub' repo), since that would appear to create conflicts
> when Albert pulls into u-boot-arm. I also don't pull from
> u-boot/master, since it's essentially 2 levels above me.
>
> Albert - if you can, please show me exactly what fetch/merge or rebase
> command sequence is failing for you. I'm still not clear on what the
> exact merge conflict error is, nor how to fix it.  Or Allen, if you
> have better visibility into exactly what the merge conflict is w/Tegra
> that I'm just not seeing, maybe you could provide either a patchset
> that'll fix it or steps I can take to do the same.

As for what I did, it was simply to try and merge u-boot-tegra into
u-boot-arm.

Regarding u-boot-usb, it is not usually pulled into u-boot-arm; but
if it was needed by, and pulled into, u-boot-tegra, then it would have
automatically been pulled into u-boot-arm when I fetched u-boot-tegra,
and merged when I did the merge. Would it not?

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling
@ 2012-12-14 16:48           ` Tom Warren
From: Tom Warren @ 2012-12-14 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Albert,

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Albert ARIBAUD
<albert.u.boot@aribaud.net> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 14:15:10 -0700, Tom Warren
> <twarren.nvidia@gmail.com> wrote:
>> u-boot-arm/master and u-boot-tegra/next should have the same base
>> commit (b8a7c46), so merging them isn't a big deal, and goes smoothly
>> for me. If I then take u-boot/master and merge it, I see a conflict in
>> drivers/power/power_fls.c and include/configs/mx35pdk.h and
>> mx53loco.h, but no problems with Tegra code.  I could resolve those
>> conflicts and continue with the rebase, but ...
>>
>> Correct me if I'm wrong, but u-boot-tegra and u-boot-usb are both
>> pulled into u-boot-arm, and (I thought) u-boot-arm is then (or
>> eventually) pulled into u-boot/master.  I don't pull from u-boot-usb
>> (or any other 'sub' repo), since that would appear to create conflicts
>> when Albert pulls into u-boot-arm. I also don't pull from
>> u-boot/master, since it's essentially 2 levels above me.
>>
>> Albert - if you can, please show me exactly what fetch/merge or rebase
>> command sequence is failing for you. I'm still not clear on what the
>> exact merge conflict error is, nor how to fix it.  Or Allen, if you
>> have better visibility into exactly what the merge conflict is w/Tegra
>> that I'm just not seeing, maybe you could provide either a patchset
>> that'll fix it or steps I can take to do the same.
>
> As for what I did, it was simply to try and merge u-boot-tegra into
> u-boot-arm.

U-boot-tegra/master is synced up with u-boot-arm/master, i.e. both are
at top commit b8a7c46.

git fetch git://git.denx.de/u-boot-arm master shows a FETCH_HEAD of

b8a7c467960ffb4d5a5e1eef5f7783fb6f594542        branch 'master' of
git://git.denx.de/u-boot-arm

which is the top commit of my current u-boot-tegra/master on denx.de.

So merging the two should be seamless and pain-free.

> Regarding u-boot-usb, it is not usually pulled into u-boot-arm; but
> if it was needed by, and pulled into, u-boot-tegra, then it would have
> automatically been pulled into u-boot-arm when I fetched u-boot-tegra,
> and merged when I did the merge. Would it not?

As to u-boot-usb, I made a mistaken assumption that you pull it into
u-boot-arm because I saw commits with:

 Merge master of u-boot-usb.git

in the commit log, but those came from u-boot/master, not from you. My bad.

I don't (and won't) pull from any other repo into u-boot-tegra, except
when I merge w/my 'parent', u-boot-arm/master, just before I issue a
pull request to you. I'm at the very bottom of the chain, and only
feed into your repo, with no one feeding into mine (except when I
merge w/you, of course, to stay in sync).

Allen has offered to resolve the conflict with his USB patches in
seaboard.h and tegra-common.h. Please work with him to get a patchset
that can be applied to the ARM or USB repos to resolve this problem.
IMO, u-boot-tegra/master is OK as is and not the source of the
conflict (correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks,

Tom

@ 2012-12-15 16:41             ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2012-12-15 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Allen,

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:02:09 -0800, Allen Martin <amartin@nvidia.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 01:51:40PM -0800, Tom Warren wrote:
> > Albert,

> > One possible problem is that I've got new commits ready in
> > u-boot-tegra/next that were almost ready for a pull request, so I
> > copied them over to my tegra/master branch and pushed to
> > u-boot-tegra/master on denx.  I assumed that once I got the 'applied
> > to u-boot-arm/master' response from you, that I could stage the next
> > pull request.  But if you (or Allen) are pulling from
> > u-boot-tegra/master )or /next), you're gonna get commits that haven't
> > been merged into u-boot-arm/master.
> >
> > I can push the older tegra/master branch back to denx.de (the one that
> > I requested a pull from on Nov 19th) if that'll help.  But I'm not
> > sure how it would help, since all those commits should have been
> > present in u-boot-arm/master (from my pull request) when you went to
> > merge w/u-boot/master.
> >
> > So I'm still not seeing how the conflict arose, or what the path is to
> > fixing it.
> >

> The conflict came from my config file changes for tegra USB keyboard
> which went up to u-boot/master through Marek's tree becasue they
> depend on my USB DMA alignment fix which was not a tegra change.
> There are subsequent changes in both the tegra and arm trees that were
> not based on that change, so they now conflict when attempting to
> merge back into u-boot/master.
>
> It's trivial for me to resolve the conflict since I have context on
> the changes.  I see that there are other merge conflicts between
> u-boot/master and u-boot-arm/master though, so I'm not sure how to
> proceed.  Albert do you just want me to post merged versions of the
> two files that conflict, so you know how to resolve the conflict
> during your merge?

I would like you to post a pull request that would fix the two file
conflicts; I have asked other people to fix other merge conflicts. I
will merge all fix branches in one go (so that u-boot-arm keeps
building clean) once all fix branches are available.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling
@ 2012-12-17 22:13               ` Tom Warren
From: Tom Warren @ 2012-12-17 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Allen,

If you come up with patches to fix the seaboard config files, I can
add them to my copy of u-boot-tegra/master, push it to denx, and
generate a pull request for Albert if you want.

Tom

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Albert ARIBAUD

@ 2012-12-17 22:22                 ` Allen Martin
From: Allen Martin @ 2012-12-17 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 02:13:29PM -0800, Tom Warren wrote:
> Allen,
>
> If you come up with patches to fix the seaboard config files, I can
> add them to my copy of u-boot-tegra/master, push it to denx, and
> generate a pull request for Albert if you want.

The conflicting changes have already been merged to u-boot-arm/master,
Albert were you planning to replay the merge of the already merged
tegra patches?

-Allen

--
nvpublic

* [U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling
@ 2012-12-18 16:43                   ` Tom Warren
From: Tom Warren @ 2012-12-18 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Allen,

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Allen Martin <amartin@nvidia.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 02:13:29PM -0800, Tom Warren wrote:
>> Allen,
>>
>> If you come up with patches to fix the seaboard config files, I can
>> add them to my copy of u-boot-tegra/master, push it to denx, and
>> generate a pull request for Albert if you want.
>>

> The conflicting changes have already been merged to u-boot-arm/master,
> Albert were you planning to replay the merge of the already merged
> tegra patches?

Sorry, but I don't see any new merges since the FETCH_HEAD I listed
below, i.e. u-boot-arm/master still appears to be @ b8a7c46 for me
(git pull in u-boot-arm repo, and git fetch
git://git.denx.de/u-boot-arm master in my tegra repo).

What am I missing?

Tom

@ 2012-12-18 18:06                     ` Allen Martin
From: Allen Martin @ 2012-12-18 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 08:43:18AM -0800, Tom Warren wrote:
> Allen,
>
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Allen Martin <amartin@nvidia.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 02:13:29PM -0800, Tom Warren wrote:
> >> Allen,
> >>
> >> If you come up with patches to fix the seaboard config files, I can
> >> add them to my copy of u-boot-tegra/master, push it to denx, and
> >> generate a pull request for Albert if you want.
> >>

> > The conflicting changes have already been merged to u-boot-arm/master,
> > Albert were you planning to replay the merge of the already merged
> > tegra patches?
>
> Sorry, but I don't see any new merges since the FETCH_HEAD I listed
> below, i.e. u-boot-arm/master still appears to be @ b8a7c46 for me
> (git pull in u-boot-arm repo, and git fetch
> git://git.denx.de/u-boot-arm master in my tegra repo).
>
> What am I missing?

The conflict happened prior to that point.  In particular this is the
first conflicting patch:

4576c6e tegra: Enable display/lcd support on Seaboard

(and then all the patches that touch tegra config files after that
which need to be rebased)

-Allen

--
nvpublic

* [U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling
@ 2012-12-18 23:59                       ` Tom Warren
From: Tom Warren @ 2012-12-18 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Allen,

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Allen Martin <amartin@nvidia.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 08:43:18AM -0800, Tom Warren wrote:
>> Allen,

>> > The conflicting changes have already been merged to u-boot-arm/master,
>> > Albert were you planning to replay the merge of the already merged
>> > tegra patches?
>>
>> Sorry, but I don't see any new merges since the FETCH_HEAD I listed
>> below, i.e. u-boot-arm/master still appears to be @ b8a7c46 for me
>> (git pull in u-boot-arm repo, and git fetch
>> git://git.denx.de/u-boot-arm master in my tegra repo).
>>
>> What am I missing?
>
> The conflict happened prior to that point.  In particular this is the
> first conflicting patch:
>
> 4576c6e tegra: Enable display/lcd support on Seaboard
>
> (and then all the patches that touch tegra config files after that
> which need to be rebased)
>
> -Allen

OK, sorry, I mistook the 'conflicting changes have already been
merged' to mean that you've fixed the conflicts and Albert had merged
them.

Where are we on getting a set of patches that fix the conflicts into
either u-boot-tegra, u-boot-arm, or ????.

I'm sitting on a new pull request for some Tegra20 tweaks and the
baseline Tegra30 support patches that I'd like to get in sooner than
later.

Thanks,

Tom

@ 2012-12-19  1:08                         ` Allen Martin
From: Allen Martin @ 2012-12-19  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 03:59:36PM -0800, Tom Warren wrote:
> Allen,
>
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Allen Martin <amartin@nvidia.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 08:43:18AM -0800, Tom Warren wrote:
> >> Allen,

> >> Sorry, but I don't see any new merges since the FETCH_HEAD I listed
> >> below, i.e. u-boot-arm/master still appears to be @ b8a7c46 for me
> >> (git pull in u-boot-arm repo, and git fetch
> >> git://git.denx.de/u-boot-arm master in my tegra repo).
> >>
> >> What am I missing?
> >
> > The conflict happened prior to that point.  In particular this is the
> > first conflicting patch:
> >
> > 4576c6e tegra: Enable display/lcd support on Seaboard
> >
> > (and then all the patches that touch tegra config files after that
> > which need to be rebased)
> >
> > -Allen
>
> OK, sorry, I mistook the 'conflicting changes have already been
> merged' to mean that you've fixed the conflicts and Albert had merged
> them.
>
> Where are we on getting a set of patches that fix the conflicts into
> either u-boot-tegra, u-boot-arm, or ????.

Whatever the fix is, it will need to go in before:

4576c6e tegra: Enable display/lcd support on Seaboard

or I can amend that change to resolve the conflict.  Either way will
require replaying the tegra patches that were already merged into
u-boot-arm.  Albert, is that what you want to do?

The other alternative is I could provide the conflict resolved files
or instructions for how to resolve.

Albert's suggestion of providing a new pull request won't help as the
conflicting changes are already in the u-boot-arm tree.

-Allen

--
nvpublic

* [U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling
@ 2012-12-19  6:04                           ` Stephen Warren
From: Stephen Warren @ 2012-12-19  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 12/18/2012 06:08 PM, Allen Martin wrote:
> The other alternative is I could provide the conflict resolved files
> or instructions for how to resolve.

Aren't the two sets of files that conflict those that are already in
u-boot/master and u-boot-arm/master? If so, only Albert can resolve the
conflict, by doing a merge. I already did that merge locally a while
back in order to pick up the changes from both branches, and it didn't
seem hard; what's the problem here? If Allen can push out a branch for
Albert to use as an example to make sure he gets the correct merge
result, that seems like a very simple solution.

* [U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling
@ 2012-12-19 19:37                             ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2012-12-19 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Stephen,

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 23:04:09 -0700, Stephen Warren
<swarren@wwwdotorg.org> wrote:
> On 12/18/2012 06:08 PM, Allen Martin wrote:
> > The other alternative is I could provide the conflict resolved files
> > or instructions for how to resolve.
>
> Aren't the two sets of files that conflict those that are already in
> u-boot/master and u-boot-arm/master? If so, only Albert can resolve the
> conflict, by doing a merge. I already did that merge locally a while
> back in order to pick up the changes from both branches, and it didn't
> seem hard; what's the problem here? If Allen can push out a branch for
> Albert to use as an example to make sure he gets the correct merge
> result, that seems like a very simple solution.

There are several sources of conflicts in merging u-boot into
u-boot-arm. I want all conflicts resolved by the persons who are best
suited for resolving properly, then I'll merge all resolutions together.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling
@ 2012-12-19 21:11                               ` Allen Martin
From: Allen Martin @ 2012-12-19 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 11:37:26AM -0800, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 23:04:09 -0700, Stephen Warren
> <swarren@wwwdotorg.org> wrote:
> > On 12/18/2012 06:08 PM, Allen Martin wrote:
> > > The other alternative is I could provide the conflict resolved files
> > > or instructions for how to resolve.
> >
> > Aren't the two sets of files that conflict those that are already in
> > u-boot/master and u-boot-arm/master? If so, only Albert can resolve the
> > conflict, by doing a merge. I already did that merge locally a while
> > back in order to pick up the changes from both branches, and it didn't
> > seem hard; what's the problem here? If Allen can push out a branch for
> > Albert to use as an example to make sure he gets the correct merge
> > result, that seems like a very simple solution.
>
> There are several sources of conflicts in merging u-boot into
> u-boot-arm. I want all conflicts resolved by the persons who are best
> suited for resolving properly, then I'll merge all resolutions together.

Hi Albert, I did a merge of u-boot/master into u-boot-arm/master and
resolved the conflicts and I've pushed the result to:

 git://github.com/arm000/u-boot.git
 branch: u-boot-arm-merge-resolved

I resolved all the conflicts, but the only ones I claim I did
correctly were the changes to:

 include/configs/seaboard.h
 include/configs/tegra-common-post.h

the other conflicts were not related to tegra.

If you want a new pull request, you'll first have to unroll the
previously merged tegra patches from u-boot-arm/master so I can give
you a conflict free merge request.

-Allen
--
nvpublic

* [U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling
@ 2012-12-19 22:42                                 ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2012-12-19 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Allen,

> Hi Albert, I did a merge of u-boot/master into u-boot-arm/master and
> resolved the conflicts and I've pushed the result to:
>
>  git://github.com/arm000/u-boot.git
>  branch: u-boot-arm-merge-resolved
>
> I resolved all the conflicts, but the only ones I claim I did
> correctly were the changes to:
>
>  include/configs/seaboard.h
>  include/configs/tegra-common-post.h
>
> the other conflicts were not related to tegra.
>
> If you want a new pull request, you'll first have to unroll the
> previously merged tegra patches from u-boot-arm/master so I can give
> you a conflict free merge request.

Thanks Allen, this branch is what I wanted exactly -- I don't want to
ask for a rollback. As soon as I am sure about the samsung branch, I'll
merge all "fix" branches into ARM.

> -Allen
> --
> nvpublic

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling
@ 2012-12-20  0:32                                   ` Allen Martin
From: Allen Martin @ 2012-12-20  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 02:42:24PM -0800, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> Hi Allen,
>
> > Hi Albert, I did a merge of u-boot/master into u-boot-arm/master and
> > resolved the conflicts and I've pushed the result to:
> >
> >  git://github.com/arm000/u-boot.git
> >  branch: u-boot-arm-merge-resolved
> >
> > I resolved all the conflicts, but the only ones I claim I did
> > correctly were the changes to:
> >
> >  include/configs/seaboard.h
> >  include/configs/tegra-common-post.h
> >
> > the other conflicts were not related to tegra.
> >
> > If you want a new pull request, you'll first have to unroll the
> > previously merged tegra patches from u-boot-arm/master so I can give
> > you a conflict free merge request.
>
> Thanks Allen, this branch is what I wanted exactly -- I don't want to
> ask for a rollback. As soon as I am sure about the samsung branch, I'll
> merge all "fix" branches into ARM.

Ok, let me know if you have any problems resolving and I'll try to
help the best I can.

Tom, you'll need to rebase u-boot-tegra/next on top of this, and there
will be conflicts when you do.  I've resolved those as well for
reference and pushed to:

  git://github.com/arm000/u-boot.git
  branch: u-boot-tegra-next-rebased

-Allen
--
nvpublic

* [U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling
@ 2012-12-20 17:16                                     ` Tom Warren
From: Tom Warren @ 2012-12-20 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Allen Martin <amartin@nvidia.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 02:42:24PM -0800, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
>> Hi Allen,
>>
>> > Hi Albert, I did a merge of u-boot/master into u-boot-arm/master and
>> > resolved the conflicts and I've pushed the result to:
>> >
>> >  git://github.com/arm000/u-boot.git
>> >  branch: u-boot-arm-merge-resolved
>> >
>> > I resolved all the conflicts, but the only ones I claim I did
>> > correctly were the changes to:
>> >
>> >  include/configs/seaboard.h
>> >  include/configs/tegra-common-post.h
>> >
>> > the other conflicts were not related to tegra.
>> >
>> > If you want a new pull request, you'll first have to unroll the
>> > previously merged tegra patches from u-boot-arm/master so I can give
>> > you a conflict free merge request.
>>
>> Thanks Allen, this branch is what I wanted exactly -- I don't want to
>> ask for a rollback. As soon as I am sure about the samsung branch, I'll
>> merge all "fix" branches into ARM.
>
> Ok, let me know if you have any problems resolving and I'll try to
> help the best I can.
>
> Tom, you'll need to rebase u-boot-tegra/next on top of this, and there
> will be conflicts when you do.  I've resolved those as well for
> reference and pushed to:
>
>   git://github.com/arm000/u-boot.git
>   branch: u-boot-tegra-next-rebased
>
> -Allen

Thanks, Allen, I probably won't get to this before the holiday break,
but I'll pick it up next year and see where we're at. Appreciate your
help with this.

Albert - if you need anything from me, it'll have to be today or
tomorrow, or next year.

Tom