* Kernel crash in Centos 6.6
@ 2016-02-10 12:07 Fedele Stabile
From: Fedele Stabile @ 2016-02-10 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-nfs

Hello all,
I have a kernel crash when I mount an NFS volume using RDMA transport.
On client and server is installed Centos 6.6 kernel 2.6.32
-504.8.1.el6.x86_64
I use nfs v4
The client hangs if I execute
mount -t nfs -o rdma ib-server:/data /data
Server and client are connected throw Infiniband network and Qlogic
adapters.

Can you help me?
Fedele Stabile

* Re: Kernel crash in Centos 6.6
@ 2016-02-10 13:34 ` Jack Wang
From: Jack Wang @ 2016-02-10 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fedele.stabile; +Cc: linux-nfs

> Hello all,
> I have a kernel crash when I mount an NFS volume using RDMA transport.
> On client and server is installed Centos 6.6 kernel 2.6.32
> -504.8.1.el6.x86_64
> I use nfs v4
> The client hangs if I execute
> mount -t nfs -o rdma ib-server:/data /data
> Server and client are connected throw Infiniband network and Qlogic
> adapters.
>
> Can you help me?
> Fedele Stabile

Please send out the dmesg at least.

You should try to report bug to distribution, or update to some new
stable kernel.

* Re: Kernel crash in Centos 6.6
@ 2016-02-10 15:28 ` Chuck Lever
From: Chuck Lever @ 2016-02-10 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fedele-

> On Feb 10, 2016, at 7:07 AM, Fedele Stabile <fedele.stabile@fis.unical.it> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
> I have a kernel crash when I mount an NFS volume using RDMA transport.
> On client and server is installed Centos 6.6 kernel 2.6.32
> -504.8.1.el6.x86_64
> I use nfs v4
> The client hangs if I execute
> mount -t nfs -o rdma ib-server:/data /data
> Server and client are connected throw Infiniband network and Qlogic
> adapters.

I assume you mean that the mount command hangs, not that
the whole client deadlocks.

Add "port=20049" to the mount options.

--
Chuck Lever

* Re: Kernel crash in Centos 6.6
       [not found] <9eeh3fd9sbcxvpbtxeka4hci.1455121291462@email.android.com>
@ 2016-02-10 21:19 ` Chuck Lever
From: Chuck Lever @ 2016-02-10 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Feb 10, 2016, at 11:21 AM, fedele.stabile <fedele.stabile@fis.unical.it> wrote:
>
> No, the client hangs and the only way to gain control is power cycle  of client. ...

File a bug with your distributor. They should be able to
help you with triage steps.

--
Chuck Lever