* doubt about raid 'quality'
@ 2012-07-16 15:56 Roberto Spadim
From: Roberto Spadim @ 2012-07-16 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-RAID

hi guys, some days ago, i lost some data from my mysql database, it
was running nice, but start given bad record (one of my disks is bad)
i read some time ago about checks on md raids, could it be done
weekly? it´s a raid1 md device, i don´t know if it´s possible because
i read about raid5/6 devices only
it´s a newbie question, sorry

--
Roberto Spadim
Spadim Technology / SPAEmpresarial

* Re: doubt about raid 'quality'
@ 2012-07-17  0:34 ` Mathias Burén
From: Mathias Burén @ 2012-07-17  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roberto Spadim; +Cc: Linux-RAID

On 16 July 2012 16:56, Roberto Spadim <roberto@spadim.com.br> wrote:
> hi guys, some days ago, i lost some data from my mysql database, it
> was running nice, but start given bad record (one of my disks is bad)
> i read some time ago about checks on md raids, could it be done
> weekly? it´s a raid1 md device, i don´t know if it´s possible because
> i read about raid5/6 devices only
> it´s a newbie question, sorry
>
> --
> Roberto Spadim
> Spadim Technology / SPAEmpresarial

Doesn't

echo check >> /sys/block/md0/md/sync_action

work?

Mathias

* Re: doubt about raid 'quality'
@ 2012-07-17  3:00   ` Roberto Spadim
From: Roberto Spadim @ 2012-07-17  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathias Burén; +Cc: Linux-RAID

humm and how i know if the check is ok?

@ 2012-07-17  8:12     ` Igor M Podlesny
From: Igor M Podlesny @ 2012-07-17  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roberto Spadim; +Cc: Mathias Burén, Linux-RAID, NeilBrown

On 17 July 2012 11:00, Roberto Spadim <roberto@spadim.com.br> wrote:
> humm and how i know if the check is ok?

   Kinda like that: watch -n3 cat /proc/mdstat
/sys/block/md123/md/mismatch_cnt -- if you want to keep your finger on
its pulse, or simply cat the counter's file when it's done.

   Neil, I have already thought bout it -- maybe check/repair action
should output mismatch_cnt into dmesg's buffer after its completion?

* Re: doubt about raid 'quality'
@ 2012-07-17  8:33       ` Roberto Spadim
From: Roberto Spadim @ 2012-07-17  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Igor M Podlesny; +Cc: Mathias Burén, Linux-RAID, NeilBrown

hum, and what happen if mismatch_cnt get bigger and bigger... it´s a
problem? what it´s mean? diferent blocks on mirrors (raid1)?

@ 2012-07-17  9:40         ` Igor M Podlesny
From: Igor M Podlesny @ 2012-07-17  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roberto Spadim; +Cc: Mathias Burén, Linux-RAID, NeilBrown

On 17 July 2012 16:33, Roberto Spadim <roberto@spadim.com.br> wrote:
> hum, and what happen if mismatch_cnt get bigger and bigger... it´s a
> problem? what it´s mean? diferent blocks on mirrors (raid1)?

   exactly