* Ceph @ OpenStack Sydney Summit
@ 2017-07-07  3:47 Blair Bethwaite
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Blair Bethwaite @ 2017-07-07  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-users-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw, Ceph Development

Hi all,

Are there any "official" plans to have Ceph events co-hosted with OpenStack
Summit Sydney, like in Boston?

The call for presentations closes in a week. The Forum will be organised
throughout September and (I think) that is the most likely place to have
e.g. Ceph ops sessions like we have in the past. Some of my local
colleagues have also expressed interest in having a CephFS BoF.

--
Cheers,
~Blairo

* Re: Ceph @ OpenStack Sydney Summit
@ 2017-07-07  3:50 ` Blair Bethwaite
       [not found] ` <CA+z5Dsz_xCqzq-C3eWvDMBhJXY0xadgu9WnSgq7CehxfO92RFw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Blair Bethwaite @ 2017-07-07  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-users, Ceph Development

Oops, this time plain text...

* Re: [ceph-users] Ceph @ OpenStack Sydney Summit
@ 2017-07-07 12:15   ` T. Nichole Williams
       [not found]     ` <8E0225EE-30FA-4FF4-802E-5615DA5E8DF3-++rvJhGNy5icqzYg7KEe8g@public.gmane.org>
From: T. Nichole Williams @ 2017-07-07 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Blair Bethwaite; +Cc: ceph-users, Ceph Development

I submitted a "ceph for absolute, complete beginners" presentation but idk if it will be approved since I'm kind of a newcomer myself. I'd also like a Ceph BoF.

<3 Trilliams

Sent from my iPhone

@ 2017-07-11 17:48   ` Gregory Farnum
       [not found]     ` <CAJ4mKGY5eD=zMMkj1cKzBByP+9xnv6+5ahNMFcw+s17Bpy3+fQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Gregory Farnum @ 2017-07-11 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Blair Bethwaite; +Cc: ceph-users-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw, Ceph Development

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 8:47 PM, Blair Bethwaite
<blair.bethwaite-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Are there any "official" plans to have Ceph events co-hosted with OpenStack
> Summit Sydney, like in Boston?
>
> The call for presentations closes in a week. The Forum will be organised
> throughout September and (I think) that is the most likely place to have
> e.g. Ceph ops sessions like we have in the past. Some of my local colleagues
> have also expressed interest in having a CephFS BoF.

I poked at Patrick about this and it sounds like the venue is a little
smaller than usual (and community planning is a little less
planned-out for those ranges than usual) so things are still up in the
air. :/
In Boston we had an ops dinner meetup beyond the open-source days
track, so you can probably count on that much if nothing more formal
happens.
-Greg

@ 2017-07-12 13:47       ` Blair Bethwaite
From: Blair Bethwaite @ 2017-07-12 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gregory Farnum; +Cc: ceph-users-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw, Ceph Development

Hi Greg,

On 12 July 2017 at 03:48, Gregory Farnum <gfarnum-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I poked at Patrick about this and it sounds like the venue is a little
> smaller than usual (and community planning is a little less
> planned-out for those ranges than usual) so things are still up in the
> air. :/

Yes, it is a smaller venue. I've posted on the OpenStack User
Committee ML asking about where these sorts of sessions might fit...

> In Boston we had an ops dinner meetup beyond the open-source days
> track, so you can probably count on that much if nothing more formal
> happens.

I would really like a proper ops session where we and other users (of
particular interest to me are others running large clusters with
non-homogeneous topologies) can discuss common issues and challenges,
which could hopefully surface some useful feature suggestions.

--

@ 2017-07-12 14:27       ` Blair Bethwaite
From: Blair Bethwaite @ 2017-07-12 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T. Nichole Williams; +Cc: ceph-users-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw, Ceph Development

Hi Trilliams,

Sounds good, I bet that would be popular among OpenStack new-comers.

I'm interested in seeing some content that looks forward at the next
couple of years of server and storage hardware roadmaps alongside new
and upcoming Ceph features (e.g. BlueStore, EC overwrite support) to
suggest best-practice architecture updates and discuss approaches to
migrating/adding things into existing clusters.

Cheers,

@ 2017-10-29 12:13 ` Blair Bethwaite
       [not found]   ` <CA+z5DszxSoWROk2=T5Uo30ufyW8UEDKDnvOE0Su0bzYOOO4AsQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Blair Bethwaite @ 2017-10-29 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-users, Ceph Development, openstack-oper.

Hi all,

(Apologies for the shotgun mail.)

Following this up for anyone heading to Sydney in a week. I did end up
getting a Ceph BoF on the program:
https://www.openstack.org/summit/sydney-2017/summit-schedule/events/20490

If you have stuff you'd like to talk about, or especially share,
please shout out and/or add to
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/SYD-forum-Ceph-OpenStack-BoF.

Also, hope to see some of the core team there!

Cheers,

--

@ 2017-10-29 13:23     ` AMIT KUMAR JAISWAL
From: AMIT KUMAR JAISWAL @ 2017-10-29 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Blair Bethwaite
  Cc: ceph-users-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw, Ceph Development, openstack-oper.

Hi Blair,

I'm interested in discussion on Ceph BoF and also added few points on
etherpad to discuss.

Looking forward to meet you and core team as well.

Thanks

KInd Regards
Amit Kumar Jaiswal
ᐧ

Amit Kumar Jaiswal
Mozilla Representative <http://reps.mozilla.org/u/amitkumarj441> | LinkedIn
<http://in.linkedin.com/in/amitkumarjaiswal1> | Portfolio
<http://amitkumarj441.github.io>
New Delhi, India
M : +91-8081187743 | T : @AMIT_GKP | PGP : EBE7 39F0 0427 4A2C

@ 2017-10-30 17:28     ` Gregory Farnum
From: Gregory Farnum @ 2017-10-30 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Blair Bethwaite; +Cc: ceph-users-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw, Ceph Development

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 5:13 AM Blair Bethwaite
<blair.bethwaite-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> (Apologies for the shotgun mail.)
>
> Following this up for anyone heading to Sydney in a week. I did end up
> getting a Ceph BoF on the program:
> https://www.openstack.org/summit/sydney-2017/summit-schedule/events/20490
>
> If you have stuff you'd like to talk about, or especially share,
> please shout out and/or add to
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/SYD-forum-Ceph-OpenStack-BoF.
>
> Also, hope to see some of the core team there!

Not sure how many of us exactly will be there, but I'll be around and
this will definitely be on the list of things to do for whoever is
available. I was very sad we didn't have an admin ops session in
Boston! :)
-Greg