* GitHosting wiki page outdated info
@ 2011-07-25 20:59 Michał Janke
From: Michał Janke @ 2011-07-25 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi.

I've been looking up free git hosting opportunities and noticed that
some information on https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitHosting
is outdated.
Here's what I've found looking at  some of the websites:
- GitFarm [ http://www.gitfarm.com ] is not/no longer free - it only
offers a 1 month free trial.
- Beanstalk [ http://beanstalkapp.com/pricing ] is what I'd call
"barely free" - a free trial is limited to 100 MB storage, 1 user and
1 repository.
- Codaset, as can be read at http://codaset.com/pricing , offers no
private hosting for free. (For me, information that "Codaset hosts
free, private and semi-private Git based projects" looks misleading in
that case.)

In general, I found this page very helpful - especially because it
contains more information, than wikipedia. However, the comparison at
the top might include more hosts from the "General software" list.

Hope this input helps.
Keep on the good work :)

jankeso

* Re: GitHosting wiki page outdated info
@ 2011-07-28 14:34 ` Felipe Contreras
From: Felipe Contreras @ 2011-07-28 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michał Janke; +Cc: git

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 11:59 PM, Michał Janke <jankeso@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been looking up free git hosting opportunities and noticed that
> some information on https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitHosting
> is outdated.
> Here's what I've found looking at  some of the websites:
> - GitFarm [ http://www.gitfarm.com ] is not/no longer free - it only
> offers a 1 month free trial.
> - Beanstalk [ http://beanstalkapp.com/pricing ] is what I'd call
> "barely free" - a free trial is limited to 100 MB storage, 1 user and
> 1 repository.
> - Codaset, as can be read at http://codaset.com/pricing , offers no
> private hosting for free. (For me, information that "Codaset hosts
> free, private and semi-private Git based projects" looks misleading in
> that case.)
>
> In general, I found this page very helpful - especially because it
> contains more information, than wikipedia. However, the comparison at
> the top might include more hosts from the "General software" list.

It's a wiki, create an account and fix them :)

--
Felipe Contreras