* RGW bucket tagging
@ 2018-01-26 14:47 Andreas Calminder
From: Andreas Calminder @ 2018-01-26 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hello,
I'm evaluating the possibility of using tags for buckets in RGW, using
boto3 s3.BucketTagging.put returns  client error and the rgw log
throws a 400 and says: provided input did not specify location
constraint correctly

I figured it's most likely that I did something silly in the code,
however before digging deeper I figured I should probably check if
it's even supported in RGW, I found this:
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/dev/radosgw/s3_compliance/

Which says Bucket Tagging "?", So I suspect Bucket Tagging isn't
supported? Any clarification or pointers appreciated here.

Thanks!

* Re: RGW bucket tagging
@ 2018-01-26 16:08 ` Matt Benjamin
From: Matt Benjamin @ 2018-01-26 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Calminder; +Cc: ceph-devel, Abhishek Lekshmanan

Hi Andreas,

I think we don't support bucket tagging yet.  There is support for
object tagging, plus integration w/bucket policy and lifecycle.

Abhishek, do you have anything to add here?

Matt

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 9:47 AM, Andreas Calminder
<andreas.calminder@klarna.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm evaluating the possibility of using tags for buckets in RGW, using
> boto3 s3.BucketTagging.put returns  client error and the rgw log
> throws a 400 and says: provided input did not specify location
> constraint correctly
>
> I figured it's most likely that I did something silly in the code,
> however before digging deeper I figured I should probably check if
> it's even supported in RGW, I found this:
> http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/dev/radosgw/s3_compliance/
>
> Which says Bucket Tagging "?", So I suspect Bucket Tagging isn't
> supported? Any clarification or pointers appreciated here.
>
> Thanks!

Matt Benjamin
Red Hat, Inc.
315 West Huron Street, Suite 140A
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103

http://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/storage

tel.  734-821-5101
fax.  734-769-8938
cel.  734-216-5309

* Re: RGW bucket tagging
@ 2018-01-29  7:25   ` Andreas Calminder
From: Andreas Calminder @ 2018-01-29  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Benjamin; +Cc: ceph-devel, Abhishek Lekshmanan

Thanks for your reply Matt, I did some more poking around; you're
right, there's no support for bucket tagging. Does anyone know if this
feature will be implemented somewhere in the foreseeable future?

Best regards,
andreas

On 26 January 2018 at 17:08, Matt Benjamin <mbenjami@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> I think we don't support bucket tagging yet.  There is support for
> object tagging, plus integration w/bucket policy and lifecycle.
>
> Abhishek, do you have anything to add here?
>
> Matt
>
> On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 9:47 AM, Andreas Calminder
> <andreas.calminder@klarna.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I'm evaluating the possibility of using tags for buckets in RGW, using
>> boto3 s3.BucketTagging.put returns  client error and the rgw log
>> throws a 400 and says: provided input did not specify location
>> constraint correctly
>>
>> I figured it's most likely that I did something silly in the code,
>> however before digging deeper I figured I should probably check if
>> it's even supported in RGW, I found this:
>> http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/dev/radosgw/s3_compliance/
>>
>> Which says Bucket Tagging "?", So I suspect Bucket Tagging isn't
>> supported? Any clarification or pointers appreciated here.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> --

> Matt Benjamin
> Red Hat, Inc.
> 315 West Huron Street, Suite 140A
> Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103
>
> http://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/storage
>
> tel.  734-821-5101
> fax.  734-769-8938
> cel.  734-216-5309

* Re: RGW bucket tagging
@ 2018-01-29  7:41     ` Robin H. Johnson
From: Robin H. Johnson @ 2018-01-29  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Calminder; +Cc: Matt Benjamin, ceph-devel, Abhishek Lekshmanan

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 08:25:44AM +0100, Andreas Calminder wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Matt, I did some more poking around; you're
> right, there's no support for bucket tagging. Does anyone know if this
> feature will be implemented somewhere in the foreseeable future?
I'd find it useful, but I have nowhere near enough time to implement it.
Bucket Inventory would also be really nice to have, but moving far from
RGW's core goal I feel.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer

* Re: RGW bucket tagging
@ 2018-01-29 10:04     ` Abhishek Lekshmanan
From: Abhishek Lekshmanan @ 2018-01-29 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Calminder, Matt Benjamin; +Cc: ceph-devel

Andreas Calminder <andreas.calminder@klarna.com> writes:

> Thanks for your reply Matt, I did some more poking around; you're
> right, there's no support for bucket tagging. Does anyone know if this
> feature will be implemented somewhere in the foreseeable future?

Yeah, this feature isn't implemented yet.

Though it should be relatively easier to implement, since it doesn't tie
into any other functionalities unlike object tagging, and purely
provides a tagging API which is similar to what we've already
implemented for Object Tagging.

> Best regards,
> andreas
>
> On 26 January 2018 at 17:08, Matt Benjamin <mbenjami@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> I think we don't support bucket tagging yet.  There is support for
>> object tagging, plus integration w/bucket policy and lifecycle.
>>
>> Abhishek, do you have anything to add here?
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 9:47 AM, Andreas Calminder
>> <andreas.calminder@klarna.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I'm evaluating the possibility of using tags for buckets in RGW, using
>>> boto3 s3.BucketTagging.put returns  client error and the rgw log
>>> throws a 400 and says: provided input did not specify location
>>> constraint correctly

This ideally should've reported 501 NotImplemented instead of a client
error (probably still does for AWSv4 auth?)

--
Abhishek Lekshmanan
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)