* why platform bus is called as virtual bus.
@ 2017-11-30  9:56 Madhu K
From: Madhu K @ 2017-11-30  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-newbie

Hi All,

I am kernel newbie, I have couple of doubts regarding platform bus.

1) In arm platform bus means which bus?
2) why platform bus is called virtual bus.?

Regards,
Madhu

* why platform bus is called as virtual bus.
@ 2017-11-30  9:56 ` Chen-Yu Tsai
From: Chen-Yu Tsai @ 2017-11-30  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Madhu K <madhu.sk89@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have couple of doubts regarding platform bus.
>
> 1) In arm architecture, which bus we call it as platform bus?
> 2) Why platform bus is called as virtual bus?

The platform bus is a catch-all for devices that don't have a
real bus type, like PCI, I2C, SPI, etc., associated with it.

It is a construct within Linux, and unlike PCI which is a real
hardware bus, hence being called a "virtual" bus.

ChenYu

@ 2017-11-30  9:53 Madhu K