* [BUG?] arp_cache: neighbor table overflow... and DoS
@ 2019-04-17  8:42 Ian Kumlien
From: Ian Kumlien @ 2019-04-17  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel Network Developers

Hi,

I'm part of a team running a small:ish cloud - we have an issue atm
where neutron thinks that some hosts exists
and should be linked. This results in a arp flood - which on it's own
is not a problem.

As soon as we get "neighbour: arp_cache: neighbor table overflow!" the
machine stops responding to connections..
Even if this feels like a bit of a special case, it also feels *very* wrong ;)

It's like the "I can't find" queries add to the cache without adding a
entry - arp -a - n |wc -l is only 149 f.ex.

Anyone with ideas or clues?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-04-17  8:42 UTC | newest]