* [Tech-board-discuss] Nomination for Tim Bird
@ 2019-08-27 23:59 Tim.Bird
From: Tim.Bird @ 2019-08-27 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tech-board-discuss

I would like to nominate myself (Tim Bird) for election to the Linux Foundation
Technical Advisory Board.

Candidate Statement
As a long-time user and developer of Linux in the embedded space, and a kernel developer
within my own company, I recognize the need to continually nurture and grow the
kernel community and ecosystem.  I would like to continue to serve on the Linux
Foundation TAB and specifically work to achieve 2 goals: First, I would like to continue
educating companies and individuals who are new to the community, to help them
understand community principles and to help them decide to not just use, but to
contribute (and keep contributing) to Linux.  Second, I would like to initiate a project to
make online resources more visible and usable for all Linux developers.  We have a
wealth of presentations and videos from events hosted by the Linux Foundation and
other organizations.  I would really like to see better organization of this material,
specifically into topic areas, to augment the documentation that is available for
all kernel developers (new or experienced).

* Re: [Tech-board-discuss] Nomination for Tim Bird
@ 2019-08-28  0:29 ` Dave Taht
From: Dave Taht @ 2019-08-28  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim.Bird; +Cc: tech-board-discuss

oh, has there been a call for nominations already?

I'm under the impression the voting rules have changed, are those up somewhere?

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 4:59 PM <Tim.Bird@sony.com> wrote:

> I would like to nominate myself (Tim Bird) for election to the Linux Foundation
> Technical Advisory Board.
>
> Candidate Statement
> As a long-time user and developer of Linux in the embedded space, and a kernel developer
> within my own company, I recognize the need to continually nurture and grow the
> kernel community and ecosystem.  I would like to continue to serve on the Linux
> Foundation TAB and specifically work to achieve 2 goals: First, I would like to continue
> educating companies and individuals who are new to the community, to help them
> understand community principles and to help them decide to not just use, but to
> contribute (and keep contributing) to Linux.  Second, I would like to initiate a project to
> make online resources more visible and usable for all Linux developers.  We have a
> wealth of presentations and videos from events hosted by the Linux Foundation and
> other organizations.  I would really like to see better organization of this material,
> specifically into topic areas, to augment the documentation that is available for
> all kernel developers (new or experienced).

Dave Täht
CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-205-9740

* Re: [Tech-board-discuss] Nomination for Tim Bird
@ 2019-08-28  0:36   ` Laura Abbott
From: Laura Abbott @ 2019-08-28  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Taht; +Cc: tech-board-discuss

> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:29 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> oh, has there been a call for nominations already?

Yes, I sent the call for nominations out to ksummit-discuss and lkml earlier in
the month. I think I must have missed tech-board-discuss.

(consider this your reminder to submit your nominations!)

> I'm under the impression the voting rules have changed, are those up somewhere?

We're currently reviewing an e-mail describing the procedures and waiting on
the creation of an e-mail list for management. I hope to have that out by
the end of the week.

Thanks,
Laura

@ 2019-09-03 18:52     ` Dave Taht
From: Dave Taht @ 2019-09-03 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laura Abbott; +Cc: tech-board-discuss

I'm not on ksummit-discuss, but the voting rules were just put out there:

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/ksummit-discuss/2019-September/006860.html

Are there only two people running for the 5 slots available? Perhaps a
bit more outreach is in order.

* Re: [Tech-board-discuss] Nomination for Tim Bird
@ 2019-09-03 20:21       ` Chris Mason
From: Chris Mason @ 2019-09-03 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Taht; +Cc: tech-board-discuss

On 3 Sep 2019, at 14:52, Dave Taht wrote:

> Are there only two people running for the 5 slots available? Perhaps a
> bit more outreach is in order.

We're a little behind in nominations, but this isn't too unusual.  They
often arrive in clumps as people realize the kernel summit is getting
closer ;)

-chris