* Is mwifiex-firmware an open source?
@ 2021-12-21 10:04 Jupiter
From: Jupiter @ 2021-12-21 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless
  Cc: Ganapathi Bhat, Avinash Patil, Sharvari Harisangam,
	Amitkumar Karwar, James Cao, Cathy Luo

Hi,

I am developing a WiFi module based on the Marvell Avastar 88W8801
chipset, I think that Marvell Avastar 88W8801 chipset is now a NXP
product. I thought the mwifiex-firmware/mrvl/sd8801_uapsta.bin and
mwifiex in kernel branch linux-5.10.y can be running for Marvell
Avastar 88W8801 chipset, right?

Is the mwifiex-firmware an open source, who is the maintainer for
mwifiex-firmware/mrvl/sd8801_uapsta.bin? Who owns the source code, NXP
or Marvell? Is it still active or not?

Is NXP or Marvell or anyone interested in providing commercial support
and consultancy for the 88W8801 firmware and drivers?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

jupiter

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-12-21 10:05 UTC | newest]