* Replace busybox by bash
@ 2019-08-06 12:34 JH
From: JH @ 2019-08-06 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto discussion list

Hi,

The busybox is too simple, my application heavy based on shell
scripts, I have been thinking to dig out the busybox and replace it by
bash, has anyone remove the busybox to use bash as default shell? How
large size will be increased and what will be any side effect?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jh

* Re: Replace busybox by bash
@ 2019-08-06 14:02 ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2019-08-06 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 06/08/2019 13:34, JH wrote:
> The busybox is too simple, my application heavy based on shell
> scripts, I have been thinking to dig out the busybox and replace it by
> bash, has anyone remove the busybox to use bash as default shell? How
> large size will be increased and what will be any side effect?

Removing busybox is not trivial, but you can just install
bash/coreutils/etc as required.

Yes it's bigger, but you want the full tools.  No side effects.

Ross

* Re: Replace busybox by bash
@ 2019-08-07 10:32   ` JH
From: JH @ 2019-08-07 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)