* [U-Boot] What is the current U-Boot status to boot from multiple UBI volumes?
@ 2019-10-12  0:52 JH
From: JH @ 2019-10-12  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

I tried to find more information about configure u-boot for booting
multiple UBI volumes on imx6, but seems to me that information is
really sparse.

There was a proposal by Wolfgang Denk many years ago at
https://elinux.org/Boot_U-Boot_from_UBI_volume, and I could not find
anyone talked about it in ELC_2019_Presentations.

Apologize if I am wrong to seek solutions in u-boot mailing list.

If I have only one UBI volume rootfs in an partition /dev/mtd5, I can
configure to boot the image from /dev/ubi0, but with following three
UBI volumes, how should I configure u-boot to boot from the UBI volume
configure file volume.conf? How to set up u-boot to start boot from
the volume.conf?

I have three UBI volumes for UBIFS:

[kernel-volume]
mode=ubi
image=zImage
vol_id=1
vol_size=10MiB
vol_type=static
vol_name=kernel

[rootfs-volume]
mode=ubi
image=rootfs_data
vol_id=2
vol_size=110MiB
vol_type=static
vol_name=rootfs

[data-volume]

mode=ubi
image=rootfs_data
vol_id=3
vol_size=10MiB
vol_type=dynamic
vol_name=data
vol_flags=autoresize

$ ubinize -o rootfs.img -p 130MiB -m 512 -s 256 volume.conf

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jh

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-10-12  0:52 UTC | newest]