* How to force build system to use a working kernel defconfig?
@ 2022-04-26 10:58 Jupiter
From: Jupiter @ 2022-04-26 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi,

I followed Yocto document 2.3.3 Changing the Configuration to set up a
complete working Linux kernel defconfig in my kernel bbappend, I
copied the defconfig to build/.config:
do_compile:prepend () {
    install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/defconfig ${WORKDIR}/build/.config
}

I hope the build system can just use the defconfig in build/.config,
but that did not work, the build system still ran Restart config... to
compare the defconfig and to generate and overwrite build/.config. How
can I suppress the build system not to run the "Restart config"
process, just to run the compile process using the build/.config I
copied to build/.config?

I tried to add KCONFIG_MODE = "alldefconfig" in my kernel bbappend,
but it did not work either.

Appreciate your advice.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,