* Is there anyway to get patched source tar file for gcc while building srpm?
@ 2012-06-07 14:53 Jegan Chandru
From: Jegan Chandru @ 2012-06-07 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Framework - poky-denzil-7.0
arch - x86_64

Is there anyway to get patched source tar file for gcc while building
srpm? I have checked the srpms created and found gcc srpms has only the
logs_with_scripts tar file and not the patched source. I have configured
"archive-patched-source" in local.conf. Upon checking on archiver.bbclass,
noticed "not_tarball" function is excluding work-shared dir.This dir is
used by gcc only for building. I can see the obvious reason here
that(correct me if I am wrong) since this source has been used by,
say gcc-cross-intermediate, gcc-cross-4.6.3 and gcc-runtime-4.6.3 bb files
and you dont want to archive that source. But anyone can tell me the exact
reason on why work-shared is being omitted for archiving? Also, I must
include that, there are total 40 patches for gcc and all patches getting
applied in gcc-4.6.inc. So I think there is no harm in archiving that
source.

As a try and error, I have created a dummy function for not_tarball and
tried to build, but that didnt work! ;(

So please anyone shed some light on this matter. It is much appreciated.
I need srpm with source for stabilizing and do some testing.

Also there is a high chance that I missed something, so feel free to
correct me. ;)

Thanks,
-JC

* Re: Is there anyway to get patched source tar file for gcc while building srpm?
@ 2012-06-11  7:45   ` Jegan Chandru
From: Jegan Chandru @ 2012-06-11  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto; +Cc: poky, openembedded-core

<<bump>>
Added poky and oe-core.

anyone?

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 8:23 PM, Jegan Chandru <pcjegan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Framework - poky-denzil-7.0
> arch - x86_64
>
> Is there anyway to get patched source tar file for gcc while building
> srpm? I have checked the srpms created and found gcc srpms has only the
> logs_with_scripts tar file and not the patched source. I have configured
> "archive-patched-source" in local.conf. Upon checking on archiver.bbclass,
> noticed "not_tarball" function is excluding work-shared dir.This dir is
> used by gcc only for building. I can see the obvious reason here
> that(correct me if I am wrong) since this source has been used by,
> say gcc-cross-intermediate, gcc-cross-4.6.3 and gcc-runtime-4.6.3 bb files
> and you dont want to archive that source. But anyone can tell me the exact
> reason on why work-shared is being omitted for archiving? Also, I must
> include that, there are total 40 patches for gcc and all patches getting
> applied in gcc-4.6.inc. So I think there is no harm in archiving that
> source.
>
> As a try and error, I have created a dummy function for not_tarball and
> tried to build, but that didnt work! ;(
>
> So please anyone shed some light on this matter. It is much appreciated.
> I need srpm with source for stabilizing and do some testing.
>
> Also there is a high chance that I missed something, so feel free to
> correct me. ;)
>
> Thanks,
> -JC

* Re: [yocto] Is there anyway to get patched source tar file for gcc while building srpm?
@ 2012-06-11  7:45   ` Jegan Chandru
From: Jegan Chandru @ 2012-06-11  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto; +Cc: poky, openembedded-core

<<bump>>
Added poky and oe-core.

anyone?

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 8:23 PM, Jegan Chandru <pcjegan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Framework - poky-denzil-7.0
> arch - x86_64
>
> Is there anyway to get patched source tar file for gcc while building
> srpm? I have checked the srpms created and found gcc srpms has only the
> logs_with_scripts tar file and not the patched source. I have configured
> "archive-patched-source" in local.conf. Upon checking on archiver.bbclass,
> noticed "not_tarball" function is excluding work-shared dir.This dir is
> used by gcc only for building. I can see the obvious reason here
> that(correct me if I am wrong) since this source has been used by,
> say gcc-cross-intermediate, gcc-cross-4.6.3 and gcc-runtime-4.6.3 bb files
> and you dont want to archive that source. But anyone can tell me the exact
> reason on why work-shared is being omitted for archiving? Also, I must
> include that, there are total 40 patches for gcc and all patches getting
> applied in gcc-4.6.inc. So I think there is no harm in archiving that
> source.
>
> As a try and error, I have created a dummy function for not_tarball and
> tried to build, but that didnt work! ;(
>
> So please anyone shed some light on this matter. It is much appreciated.
> I need srpm with source for stabilizing and do some testing.
>
> Also there is a high chance that I missed something, so feel free to
> correct me. ;)
>
> Thanks,
> -JC

* Re: [yocto] Is there anyway to get patched source tar file for gcc while building srpm?
  (?)
@ 2014-01-16  1:40   ` lizhijian
From: lizhijian @ 2014-01-16  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:Hi,
> Framework - poky-denzil-7.0
> arch - x86_64
>
> Is there anyway to get patched source tar file for gcc while building
srpm? I have checked the srpms created and found gcc srpms has only the
logs_with_scripts tar file and not the patched source. I have configured
"archive-patched-source" in local.conf. Upon checking on archiver.bbclass,
noticed "not_tarball" function is excluding work-shared dir.This dir is used
by gcc only for building. I can see the obvious reason here that(correct me
if I am wrong) since this source has been used by, say gcc-cross-
intermediate, gcc-cross-4.6.3 and gcc-runtime-4.6.3 bb files and you dont
want to archive that source. But anyone can tell me the exact reason on why
work-shared is being omitted for archiving? Also, I must include that, there
are total 40 patches for gcc and all patches getting applied in gcc-4.6.inc.
So I think there is no harm in archiving that source.

> As a try and error, I have created a dummy function for not_tarball and
tried to build, but that didnt work! ;(

> So please anyone shed some light on this matter. It is much appreciated.
>

> I need srpm with source for stabilizing and do some testing.
>
> Also there is a high chance that I missed something, so feel free to
correct me. ;)

> Thanks,
> -JC

I got the same issue. and before see your thread, i have sent a email
to yocto. Do you have solved it

thx
li.