* How to support arm-none-eabi toolchain for u-boot on Amlogic
@ 2015-03-18 19:55 Christian Ege
From: Christian Ege @ 2015-03-18 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto list discussion

Hello,

it looks like that Amlogic based devices like the ODROID-C1 [1]
requires their u-boot compiled with an arm-none-eabi toolchain. The
rest kernel and rootfs is compiled with standard arm eabi toolchain. I
am wondering how to support this in yocto/openembedded.

With kind regrads,
Christian

[1] http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:c1_building_u-boot
--
http://project-magpie.github.io/

* Re: How to support arm-none-eabi toolchain for u-boot on Amlogic
@ 2015-03-18 23:35 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2015-03-18 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Ege; +Cc: Yocto list discussion

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 12:55 PM, Christian Ege <k4230r6@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it looks like that Amlogic based devices like the ODROID-C1 [1]
> requires their u-boot compiled with an arm-none-eabi toolchain. The
> rest kernel and rootfs is compiled with standard arm eabi toolchain. I
> am wondering how to support this in yocto/openembedded.

are there any specific reasons for doing that ?
can it be done by passing -ffreestanding option via CFLAGS
afterall uboot is a baremetal/standalone app.

* Re: How to support arm-none-eabi toolchain for u-boot on Amlogic
@ 2015-03-19 20:15   ` Christian Ege
From: Christian Ege @ 2015-03-19 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: Yocto list discussion