* Native curl and SSL CA certificates
@ 2018-05-08 14:55 Iván Castell
From: Iván Castell @ 2018-05-08 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto Project

Hello forum.

Using the "rocko" branch. The SSL CA certificates "ca-certificates.crt"
don't appear inside this directory:

build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/curl-native/7.54.1-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/etc/ssl/certs/

That generates issues when trying to build images that use a https
repository of rpm packages:

This is the repository configuration included:

$ yocto-adv-rpm.repo
[yocto-adv-rpm]
name=Rocko Yocto Repo
baseurl=https://storage.googleapis.com/my_repo/
gpgkey=https://storage.googleapis.com/my_repo/PACKAGEFEED-GPG-KEY-rocko
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

This repository configuration doesn't work fine. When I try to build
"myimage" recipe, I always get this error:

ERROR: myimage-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: [log_check] myimage: found 1 error message
in the logfile:
[log_check] Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'yocto-adv-rpm', disabling.
ERROR: myimage-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Function failed: do_rootfs
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
/home/yocto/yocto/build/tmp/work/machine-poky-linux/myimage/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.731
ERROR: Task
(/home/yocto/yocto/sources/meta-mylayer/recipes-images/myimage.bb:do_root

I found some relevant information inside this file:

yocto/build/tmp/work/machine-poky-linux/myimage/1.0-r0/temp/dnf.librepo.log

The relevant part:

15:56:41 lr_download: Downloading started
15:56:41 check_transfer_statuses: Transfer finished: repodata/repomd.xml
(Effective url: https://storage.googleapis.com/my_repo/repodata/repomd.xml)
15:56:41 check_finished_transfer_status: Fatal error - Curl code (77):
Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?) for
https://storage.googleapis.com/my_repo/repodata/repomd.xml [error setting
certificate verify locations:
  CAfile:
/home/yocto/yocto/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/curl-native/7.54.1-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
  CApath: none]
15:56:41 lr_yum_download_repomd: repomd.xml download was unsuccessful

This can be fixed copying "ca-certificates.crt" inside the provided
directory (manually):

$ cp /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
/home/yocto/yocto/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/curl-native/7.54.1-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/etc/ssl/certs/

I assume "ca-certificates.crt" file should be already included in that
path.

Is this a bug related with curl or ca-certificates recipe? What should be
the right way to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
  -- Ivan

* Re: Native curl and SSL CA certificates
@ 2018-05-08 19:15 ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2018-05-08 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Iván Castell, Yocto Project

On 05/08/2018 05:55 PM, Iván Castell wrote:
> Is this a bug related with curl or ca-certificates recipe? What should
> be the right way to fix it?

Fetching and installing packages over the network during image creation
is not supported or tested in YP. You need to build them locally, with
recipes.

Alex

* Re: Native curl and SSL CA certificates
@ 2018-05-09  6:29   ` Iván Castell
From: Iván Castell @ 2018-05-09  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Yocto Project

But I am not fetching nor installing packages over the network during image
creation. I just build an image using local recipes (standard procedure).
One of those local recipes sets up a remote repository for rpm packages
(adding /etc/yum.repos.d/yocto-adv-rpm.repo to the final image). The
purpose of that remote repository is using it to update rpm packages on
target devices when they are running in production.

In fact, I don't understand why yocto needs to synchronize that cache for
'yocto-adv-rpm' repo during build time. It doesn't have any sense for me.
But the fact is that when the ca-certificates.crt is properly installed,
the build process ends fine. If that file is not properly installed, the
build process fails with the error reported in my previous message.

@ 2018-05-09  6:34     ` Iván Castell
From: Iván Castell @ 2018-05-09  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Yocto Project

Just to provide all the details, this is the bbappend I add to my custom
layer:

$ cat recipes-devtools/dnf/dnf_%.bbappend

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"

SRC_URI += " \
    file://yocto-adv-rpm.repo \
"

do_install_append () {
    install -d ${D}/etc/yum.repos.d
    install -m 0600 ${WORKDIR}/yocto-adv-rpm.repo
${D}/etc/yum.repos.d/yocto-adv-rpm.repo
}

FILES_${PN} += "/etc/yum.repos.d"

The contets of yocto-adv-rpm.repo are in the previous message.

--

*NOTA LEGAL*
Este correo electrónico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo,

De conformidad con lo establecido en la LOPD, NAYAR SYSTEMS SL garantiza la
adopción de las medidas necesarias para asegurar el tratamiento
confidencial de los datos de carácter personal. Así mismo le informamos de
la inclusión de sus datos en un fichero bajo la responsabilidad de NAYAR
SYSTEMS SL, con la finalidad de poder atender los compromisos derivados de
la relación que mantenemos con usted. Si lo desea, puede ejercer sus
derechos de acceso, rectificación, cancelación y oposición mediante un
escrito a la siguiente dirección: info@nayarsystems.com

*LEGAL NOTE*
This email and any attachments to it contains is confidential information
exclusively intended for the recipients. Any divulgation, copy or
distribution to third parties is prohibited without written permission of
NAYAR SYSTEMS SL. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately. In accordance with Law 15/1999 of 13 December on
the Protection of Personal Data, the NAYAR SYSTEMS SL guarantees that it
has adopted the necessary measures to ensure the confidential treatment of
personal information. We also inform you that you can exercise your access,
rectification, cancellation and opposition rights by send us a mail to:
info@nayarsystems.com

* Re: Native curl and SSL CA certificates
@ 2018-05-09  6:56     ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2018-05-09  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Iván Castell; +Cc: Yocto Project

On 05/09/2018 09:29 AM, Iván Castell wrote:
> But I am not fetching nor installing packages over the network during
> image creation. I just build an image using local recipes (standard
> procedure). One of those local recipes sets up a remote repository for
> rpm packages (adding /etc/yum.repos.d/yocto-adv-rpm.repo to the final
> image). The purpose of that remote repository is using it to update rpm
> packages on target devices when they are running in production.
>
> In fact, I don't understand why yocto needs to synchronize that cache
> for 'yocto-adv-rpm' repo during build time. It doesn't have any sense
> for me. But the fact is that when the ca-certificates.crt is properly
> installed, the build process ends fine. If that file is not properly
> installed, the build process fails with the error reported in my

During image creation dnf is run several times, and it picks up its own
configuration from the target rootfs. It is definitely not recommended
to change that configuration behind dnf's back via installed recipes.

The supported way to configure remote repositories is via PACKAGE_FEED_URIS:
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#using-runtime-package-management

Alex

* Re: Native curl and SSL CA certificates
@ 2018-05-09 11:44       ` Iván Castell
From: Iván Castell @ 2018-05-09 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Yocto Project

Thank you very much for your explanation Mr. Alexander, it was really
helpfull to understand my issue.

I fixed it removing completely my dnf bbappend recipe from my custom layer
and adding this variable to my distro.conf file:

    PACKAGE_FEED_URIS = "https://storage.googleapis.com/my_repo/"

After that, at the end of the build process the image contains a valid
/etc/yum.d/oe-remote-repo file and all the necesary stuff to manage it.
There is no need to copy "ca-certificates.crt" manually at all.

Now its working as expected! :-)

@ 2018-05-10 14:01         ` Iván Castell
From: Iván Castell @ 2018-05-10 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Yocto Project

Once the image was build and cloned into the target device, this error
appears when trying to update dnf database from target device:

    $ dnf clean all
    $ dnf update
    DNF version: 2.7.5
    cachedir: /var/cache/dnf
    repo oe-remote-repo: 0x6235C65BD7C1F0D8 already imported
    Cannot download 'https://storage.googleapis.com/my_repo': GPG
verification is enabled, but GPG signature repomd.xml.asc is not available:
Status code: 403 for https://storage.googleapis.com/my_repo/repodata/
    Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'oe-remote-repo', disabling.

The "repodata" directory does not appear inside the package feed directory.
I managed to generate that "repodata" directory executing this commands in
my host machine:

    $ bitbake createrepo-c-native -caddto_recipe_sysroot
    $ oe-run-native createrepo-c-native createrepo_c
/home/yocto/yocto/build/tmp/deploy/rpm

After that, "repodata" directory appears in the package feed and
"repomd.xml" file is inside available, but "repomd.xml.asc" is still not
found.

Do I am missing something?

Thank you in advance!

--