* [Buildroot] Issue with Vivante OpenGL driver and X11
@ 2017-02-14 14:06 Mylene Josserand
From: Mylene Josserand @ 2017-02-14 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello everyone,

I got an issue with OpenGL Vivante support with X11 on Nitrogen board
(nitrogen6max).

I am on Buildroot's Master branch, last commit:
5bf12ad141f5de02c79c04a773e7709b87070229

I tried Qt5 OpenGL examples and X is segfaulting. I tested with vivante
examples too (tutorial2) and same issue.

You can find a log here:
http://code.bulix.org/wfkcna-115447

Any idea? Did I miss something or configured something wrong?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

--
Myl?ne Josserand, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

* [Buildroot] Issue with Vivante OpenGL driver and X11
@ 2017-02-14 14:21 ` Gary Bisson
From: Gary Bisson @ 2017-02-14 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Mylene, All,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 03:06:28PM +0100, Mylene Josserand wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I got an issue with OpenGL Vivante support with X11 on Nitrogen board
> (nitrogen6max).
>
> I am on Buildroot's Master branch, last commit:
> 5bf12ad141f5de02c79c04a773e7709b87070229
>
> I tried Qt5 OpenGL examples and X is segfaulting. I tested with vivante
> examples too (tutorial2) and same issue.
>
> You can find a log here:
> http://code.bulix.org/wfkcna-115447
>
> Any idea? Did I miss something or configured something wrong?

No, you're just the first lucky user trying X 1.19 on i.MX6Q.

Fortunately for us Yocto users already faced that actually:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2017-January/020127.html

It seems that this patch is required on xserver:
https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/136696/

Can you try it and let us know how it goes?

Thanks,
Gary

* [Buildroot] Issue with Vivante OpenGL driver and X11
@ 2017-02-14 14:56   ` Mylene Josserand
From: Mylene Josserand @ 2017-02-14 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Gary,

On 14/02/2017 15:21, Gary Bisson wrote:
> Hi Mylene, All,
>
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 03:06:28PM +0100, Mylene Josserand wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I got an issue with OpenGL Vivante support with X11 on Nitrogen board
>> (nitrogen6max).
>>
>> I am on Buildroot's Master branch, last commit:
>> 5bf12ad141f5de02c79c04a773e7709b87070229
>>
>> I tried Qt5 OpenGL examples and X is segfaulting. I tested with vivante
>> examples too (tutorial2) and same issue.
>>
>> You can find a log here:
>> http://code.bulix.org/wfkcna-115447
>>
>> Any idea? Did I miss something or configured something wrong?
>
> No, you're just the first lucky user trying X 1.19 on i.MX6Q.

Okay :)

> Fortunately for us Yocto users already faced that actually:
> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2017-January/020127.html
>
> It seems that this patch is required on xserver:
> https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/136696/
>
> Can you try it and let us know how it goes?

Yes, I just tested it and adding this patch make the Vivante examples
working fine without segfault error!

Are you going to send a patch to Buildroot to add this X11's patch? (I
guess so)

Anyway, thank you for your help!

Best regards,

--

@ 2017-02-14 15:01     ` Gary Bisson
From: Gary Bisson @ 2017-02-14 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Myl?ne,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 3:56 PM, Mylene Josserand
<mylene.josserand@free-electrons.com> wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> On 14/02/2017 15:21, Gary Bisson wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mylene, All,
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 03:06:28PM +0100, Mylene Josserand wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I got an issue with OpenGL Vivante support with X11 on Nitrogen board
>>> (nitrogen6max).
>>>
>>> I am on Buildroot's Master branch, last commit:
>>> 5bf12ad141f5de02c79c04a773e7709b87070229
>>>
>>> I tried Qt5 OpenGL examples and X is segfaulting. I tested with vivante
>>> examples too (tutorial2) and same issue.
>>>
>>> You can find a log here:
>>> http://code.bulix.org/wfkcna-115447
>>>
>>> Any idea? Did I miss something or configured something wrong?
>>

>> No, you're just the first lucky user trying X 1.19 on i.MX6Q.
>

> Okay :)
>

>> Fortunately for us Yocto users already faced that actually:
>>
>> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2017-January/020127.html
>>
>> It seems that this patch is required on xserver:
>> https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/136696/
>>
>> Can you try it and let us know how it goes?
>

> Yes, I just tested it and adding this patch make the Vivante examples
> working fine without segfault error!

Cool, thanks for testing!

> Are you going to send a patch to Buildroot to add this X11's patch? (I guess
> so)

Well I won't have time to do it today and you're the one who tried it
and probably have a patch locally already so feel free to submit it.

Thanks,
Gary