* [Buildroot] Reg: Stripped binaries in output/build
@ 2019-04-28 13:15 ravi chandran
From: ravi chandran @ 2019-04-28 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,
  I am using buildroot version 2019.02. By default i could see all the
binaries in output/target are stripped versions.  Similarly is there an
option exist to generate stripped binaries in output/build folder . The
intention here is to reduce the size of the output/build folder.

Thanks,
Ravi
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] Reg: Stripped binaries in output/build
@ 2019-05-01 12:23 ` Arnout Vandecappelle
From: Arnout Vandecappelle @ 2019-05-01 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 28/04/2019 15:15, ravi chandran wrote:
> Hi,
> ? I am using buildroot version 2019.02. By default i could see all the binaries
> in output/target are stripped versions.? Similarly is there an option exist to
> generate stripped binaries in output/build folder . The intention here is to
> reduce the size of the output/build folder.

 There is no such option. Stripping binaries in the build directory would take a
long time and have very little impact on the overall size.

 If the size of the build folder is really an issue for you, you can do

rm -rf output/build/*/*

 That way, you can *sometimes* still do a rebuild, though there is a significant
risk that something will fail when you try to rebuild. So you could just as well
save output/images and throw away the entire output directory.

 Regards,
 Arnout