* [OpenRISC] OpenRISC GCC port upstream for 9.0.0
@ 2018-11-09 20:54 Stafford Horne
From: Stafford Horne @ 2018-11-09 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openrisc

Hi All,

I have just published this onto openrisc.io:
https://openrisc.io/2018/11/09/gccupstream

We are proud to announce that the OpenRISC port for gcc has been
committed to upstream.

Mainline OpenRISC support will be available in the upcoming 9.0.0
release of GCC.

Note, this has been a clean room rewrite of the OpenRISC gcc port. The
old port can still be found in the OpenRISC github repo. Pre-release
toolchain binaries for the new toolchain can be found on Stafford’s
github releases page.

There are a few things still not supported in this new port which were
available the previous port. The current upstream OpenRISC GCC does
not have support for:

  - or1knd (No-branch delay) targets
  - hardware FPU (floating point unit)

If you have any requests of would like to help out please contact us
on the mailing list.

-Stafford

P.S.

TODO list for OpenRISC toolchain
  - Add support for new l.adrp instruction to spec, gcc and mor1kx
  - Add GCC FPU support
  - Add GDB under Linux support

* [OpenRISC] OpenRISC GCC port upstream for 9.0.0
@ 2018-11-12  9:11 ` Philipp Wagner
From: Philipp Wagner @ 2018-11-12  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openrisc

Stafford,

this is a fantastic achievement! Thanks for all the work you put into
writing code, shuffling patches around, and coordinating submissions and
small changes. Thanks to everybody else involved in writing and
reviewing this port. It's great to see many people beyond the core
OpenRISC community involved, leading to many improvements all around,
and in the end producing a better compiler and toolchain for OpenRISC.

Philipp

@ 2018-11-12 16:32 ` Jeremy Bennett
From: Jeremy Bennett @ 2018-11-12 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openrisc

On 09/11/18 20:54, Stafford Horne wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have just published this onto openrisc.io:
> https://openrisc.io/2018/11/09/gccupstream
>
> We are proud to announce that the OpenRISC port for gcc has been
> committed to upstream.

Hi Stafford,

Congratulations to you and your team. Well worth waiting for :-)

Best wishes,

Jeremy

> Mainline OpenRISC support will be available in the upcoming 9.0.0
> release of GCC.
>
> Note, this has been a clean room rewrite of the OpenRISC gcc port.
> The old port can still be found in the OpenRISC github repo.
> Pre-release toolchain binaries for the new toolchain can be found
> on Stafford’s github releases page.
>
> There are a few things still not supported in this new port which
> were available the previous port. The current upstream OpenRISC GCC
> does not have support for:
>
> - or1knd (No-branch delay) targets - hardware FPU (floating point
> unit)
>
> If you have any requests of would like to help out please contact
> us on the mailing list.
>
> -Stafford
>
> P.S.
>
> TODO list for OpenRISC toolchain - Add support for new l.adrp
> instruction to spec, gcc and mor1kx - Add GCC FPU support - Add GDB
> under Linux support

- --
Tel: +44 (1590) 610184
Cell: +44 (7970) 676050
SkypeID: jeremybennett
Twitter: @jeremypbennett
Email: jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com
Web: www.embecosm.com
PGP key: 1024D/BEF58172FB4754E1 2009-03-20