* hardknott core-image-weston weston is crashing
@ 2021-05-26  9:40 Marek Belisko
From: Marek Belisko @ 2021-05-26  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi,

I'm using hardknott poky release and build core-image-weston. When
started on display I didn't see wayland screen + terminal just
console. Same setup works fine on dunfell release.

Output from weston service:

               GL_EXT_map_buffer_range GL_KHR_debug
               GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr GL_NV_pixel_buffer_object
               GL_OES_required_internalformat GL_OES_surfaceless_context
               GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects
               GL_EXT_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_sub_texture
               GL_EXT_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_EXT_texture_border_clamp
               GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_OES_draw_elements_base_vertex
               GL_OES_texture_border_clamp GL_KHR_no_error
               GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_sliced_3d
               GL_KHR_parallel_shader_compile GL_MESA_tile_raster_order
[09:38:18.885] GL ES 2 renderer features:
               read-back format: BGRA
               wl_shm sub-image to texture: yes
               EGL Wayland extension: yes
[09:38:18.899] warning: no input devices on entering Weston. Possible causes:
        - no permissions to read /dev/input/event*
        - seats misconfigured (Weston backend option 'seat', udev
device property ID_SEAT)
[09:38:18.899] failed to create input devices
Segmentation fault

Machine is RPI3. Any ideas?

Thanks and BR,

marek

--
as simple and primitive as possible
Marek Belisko - OPEN-NANDRA

Tel: +421 915 052 184
skype: marekwhite
twitter: #opennandra
web: http://open-nandra.com

* Re: [yocto] hardknott core-image-weston weston is crashing
@ 2021-05-26 11:32 ` Zoran
From: Zoran @ 2021-05-26 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marek Belisko; +Cc: yocto

Seems like this bug has nothing to do with YOCTO, rather with Wayland setup....

https://wayland-devel.freedesktop.narkive.com/6yavoPFZ/i-ve-got-a-question-to-ask-you

My two cent worth attempt,
Zoran
_______

@ 2021-05-26 12:02   ` Marek Belisko
From: Marek Belisko @ 2021-05-26 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zoran Stojsavljevic; +Cc: yocto

Hi,

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 1:32 PM Zoran Stojsavljevic
<zoran.stojsavljevic@gmail.com> wrote:

> Seems like this bug has nothing to do with YOCTO, rather with Wayland setup....
>
> https://wayland-devel.freedesktop.narkive.com/6yavoPFZ/i-ve-got-a-question-to-ask-you
>
> My two cent worth attempt,
Well I found this:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/-/issues/314 and then
related patch https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/-/commit/d171c7b3ba346c4d0bd6494f45ebf0be3c3cc5fb
which I've added but it doesn't help. When booted with plugged mouse
it boots fine :)
> Zoran
> _______

BR,

marek

--

@ 2021-05-26 17:47     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-05-26 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marek Belisko, Zoran Stojsavljevic; +Cc: yocto

On 5/26/21 5:02 AM, Marek Belisko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 1:32 PM Zoran Stojsavljevic
> <zoran.stojsavljevic@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Seems like this bug has nothing to do with YOCTO, rather with Wayland setup....
>>
>> https://wayland-devel.freedesktop.narkive.com/6yavoPFZ/i-ve-got-a-question-to-ask-you
>>
>> My two cent worth attempt,
> Well I found this:
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/-/issues/314 and then
> related patch https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/-/commit/d171c7b3ba346c4d0bd6494f45ebf0be3c3cc5fb
> which I've added but it doesn't help. When booted with plugged mouse
> it boots fine :)

there is similar segv I see on master, Can you test this patch on master
and see if that works?

secondly, also try master branch of weston and see if it fixed it then
we can narrow down needed backports