* memblock structure
@ 2016-07-05 18:01 Ronit Halder
From: Ronit Halder @ 2016-07-05 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

There are three memblock_type members memory , reserved and physmem in
memblock structure.
What is the significance of each member?

regards,
Ronit

* memblock structure
@ 2016-07-07 14:11   ` Ronit Halder
From: Ronit Halder @ 2016-07-07 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 1:45 AM, Silvan Jegen <me@sillymon.ch> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 06:12:50PM +0530, Ronit Halder wrote:
>> There are three memblock_type members memory , reserved and physmem in
>> memblock structure.
>> What is the significance of each member?
>
> According to
>
> https://github.com/0xAX/linux-insides/blob/master/mm/linux-mm-1.md
>
> they describe the type of the memory memory block.
I get the reserved type, it is reserved memory. But, what is the
meaning of memory and physmem type memblock.

> Cheers,
>
> Silvan

* memblock structure
@ 2016-07-06 20:15 ` Silvan Jegen