* SDK build fails at latest thud
@ 2019-03-14  4:50 Teemu K
From: Teemu K @ 2019-03-14  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi,

I noticed that when trying to build sdk on thud it fails on latest
version. Actually it broke somewhere between commits:

1cab405d88149fd63322a867c6adb4a80ba68db3 (old)
7c76c5d78b850a9c1adccf8b11ed0164da608f1c (new)

I'm using it with meta-freescale - layer to build image to iMX8.

I'm using command 'populate_sdk' and it works fine on older version,
but newer version it fails with error:

==
 target-sdk-provides-dummy : Conflicts: coreutils
==

I'm assuming this is problem in poky - layer and not meta-freescale
since it can be 'fixed' by downgrading to older version of thud.

-Teemu

* Re: SDK build fails at latest thud
@ 2019-03-15  0:17 ` akuster
From: akuster @ 2019-03-15  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Teemu K, yocto

On 3/13/19 9:50 PM, Teemu K wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that when trying to build sdk on thud it fails on latest
> version. Actually it broke somewhere between commits:
>
> 1cab405d88149fd63322a867c6adb4a80ba68db3 (old)
> 7c76c5d78b850a9c1adccf8b11ed0164da608f1c (new)
>
> I'm using it with meta-freescale - layer to build image to iMX8.
>
> I'm using command 'populate_sdk' and it works fine on older version,
> but newer version it fails with error:
Can you provide the steps to reproduce?

> ==
>  target-sdk-provides-dummy : Conflicts: coreutils

There is a change sitting in stable/thud-next:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=stable/thud-next&id=af5cf78b275ab5226354337d25d8dc1c41a08904

which might be related. Can you try that branch?

git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib  stable/thud-next

- armin

@ 2019-03-18  5:21   ` Teemu K
From: Teemu K @ 2019-03-18  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akuster; +Cc: yocto

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 2:17 AM akuster <akuster@mvista.com> wrote:

> On 3/13/19 9:50 PM, Teemu K wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that when trying to build sdk on thud it fails on latest
> version. Actually it broke somewhere between commits:
>
> 1cab405d88149fd63322a867c6adb4a80ba68db3 (old)
> 7c76c5d78b850a9c1adccf8b11ed0164da608f1c (new)
>
> I'm using it with meta-freescale - layer to build image to iMX8.
>
> I'm using command 'populate_sdk' and it works fine on older version,
> but newer version it fails with error:
>
> Can you provide the steps to reproduce?
bitbake my-image-name -c populate_sdk

> ==
>  target-sdk-provides-dummy : Conflicts: coreutils
>

> There is a change sitting in stable/thud-next:
>
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=stable/thud-next&id=af5cf78b275ab5226354337d25d8dc1c41a08904
>
> which might be related. Can you try that branch?
>
> git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib  stable/thud-next
That did not solve the problem. I have coreutils in my image and it
kept conflicting. When I removed coreutils from my image it solved
that problem, but there were some problems with perl etc. From the
working version all those are missing from
target-sdk-provices-dummy.bb and my original image works just fine.

@ 2019-03-28  4:36     ` Teemu K
From: Teemu K @ 2019-03-28  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akuster; +Cc: yocto

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 7:21 AM Teemu K <maillinglists18@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 2:17 AM akuster <akuster@mvista.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 3/13/19 9:50 PM, Teemu K wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I noticed that when trying to build sdk on thud it fails on latest
> > version. Actually it broke somewhere between commits:
> >
> > 1cab405d88149fd63322a867c6adb4a80ba68db3 (old)
> > 7c76c5d78b850a9c1adccf8b11ed0164da608f1c (new)
> >
> > I'm using it with meta-freescale - layer to build image to iMX8.
> >
> > I'm using command 'populate_sdk' and it works fine on older version,
> > but newer version it fails with error:
> >
> > Can you provide the steps to reproduce?
> bitbake my-image-name -c populate_sdk
>

> > ==
> >  target-sdk-provides-dummy : Conflicts: coreutils
> > E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
> >

> > There is a change sitting in stable/thud-next:
> >
> > http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=stable/thud-next&id=af5cf78b275ab5226354337d25d8dc1c41a08904
> >
> > which might be related. Can you try that branch?
> >
> > git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib  stable/thud-next
> That did not solve the problem. I have coreutils in my image and it
> kept conflicting. When I removed coreutils from my image it solved
> that problem, but there were some problems with perl etc. From the
> working version all those are missing from
> target-sdk-provices-dummy.bb and my original image works just fine.
I see that thud-branch has gotten even more 'fixes' for this sdk thing
in last week, but the actual problem still stays. If image-recipe uses
coreutils - recipe sdk build fails there because
target-sdk-provides-dummy.bb has it listed. And if I remove that then
it fails on next package.In my case it's bash-dev.

Does those changes need something different how sdk is build or how to
build sdk with those changes? I'm not sure why they are listed there
in the first place if it overrides the actual package and does not
provide 'dummy' if/when needed.

To create sdk I use this command: bitbake <image-recipe> -c populate_sdk

@ 2019-05-02  6:50       ` Teemu K
From: Teemu K @ 2019-05-02  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akuster; +Cc: yocto

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 6:36 AM Teemu K <maillinglists18@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 7:21 AM Teemu K <maillinglists18@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 2:17 AM akuster <akuster@mvista.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > On 3/13/19 9:50 PM, Teemu K wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I noticed that when trying to build sdk on thud it fails on latest
> > > version. Actually it broke somewhere between commits:
> > >
> > > 1cab405d88149fd63322a867c6adb4a80ba68db3 (old)
> > > 7c76c5d78b850a9c1adccf8b11ed0164da608f1c (new)
> > >
> > > I'm using it with meta-freescale - layer to build image to iMX8.
> > >
> > > I'm using command 'populate_sdk' and it works fine on older version,
> > > but newer version it fails with error:
> > >
> > > Can you provide the steps to reproduce?
> > bitbake my-image-name -c populate_sdk
> >

> > > ==
> > > The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> > >  target-sdk-provides-dummy : Conflicts: coreutils
> > > E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
> > >

> > > There is a change sitting in stable/thud-next:
> > >
> > > http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=stable/thud-next&id=af5cf78b275ab5226354337d25d8dc1c41a08904
> > >
> > > which might be related. Can you try that branch?
> > >
> > > git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib  stable/thud-next
> > That did not solve the problem. I have coreutils in my image and it
> > kept conflicting. When I removed coreutils from my image it solved
> > that problem, but there were some problems with perl etc. From the
> > working version all those are missing from
> > target-sdk-provices-dummy.bb and my original image works just fine.
> I see that thud-branch has gotten even more 'fixes' for this sdk thing
> in last week, but the actual problem still stays. If image-recipe uses
> coreutils - recipe sdk build fails there because
> target-sdk-provides-dummy.bb has it listed. And if I remove that then
> it fails on next package.In my case it's bash-dev.
>
> Does those changes need something different how sdk is build or how to
> build sdk with those changes? I'm not sure why they are listed there
> in the first place if it overrides the actual package and does not
> provide 'dummy' if/when needed.
>
> To create sdk I use this command: bitbake <image-recipe> -c populate_sdk
>
> -Teemu

I updated to latest thud and this is still an issue. Isn't anyone else
building sdk or what I'm doing wrong?

I use command: bitbake <image-recipe> -c populate_sdk to generate sdk.

With unedited poky - meta layer it stops at error:

 target-sdk-provides-dummy : Conflicts: coreutils
--

If I remove that from poky/meta/recipes-core/meta/target-sdk-provides-dummy.bb

The next error is:
 apt-dev : Depends: apt (= 1.2.24-r0) but it is not going to be installed
           Recommends: bash-dev
--

If I remove that from file mentioned before the next error is about
perl-dev. If I remove that it ends up on this error:

 target-sdk-provides-dummy-dev : Depends: target-sdk-provides-dummy (=
1.0-r0) but it is not going to be installed
--

For testing purposes I removed everything from that file except bash
and after that the sdk generated just fine.

I don't know enough about yocto/poky so what is the use of this
target-sdk-provides-dummy thingie and why things are added there that
keep breaking the sdk generation or do I need to generate sdk now
someway differently? Atm. I'm either stuck on that older thud -
version or I have to manually edit this
target-sdk-provides-dummy-dev.bb - file.

@ 2019-05-07 20:57         ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2019-05-07 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Teemu K; +Cc: yocto

Teemu,

On 5/1/19 11:50 PM, Teemu K wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 6:36 AM Teemu K <maillinglists18@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> bitbake my-image-name -c populate_sdk

>>> That did not solve the problem. I have coreutils in my image and it
>>> kept conflicting. When I removed coreutils from my image it solved
>>> that problem, but there were some problems with perl etc. From the
>>> working version all those are missing from
>>> target-sdk-provices-dummy.bb and my original image works just fine.
>> I see that thud-branch has gotten even more 'fixes' for this sdk thing
>> in last week, but the actual problem still stays. If image-recipe uses
>> coreutils - recipe sdk build fails there because
>> target-sdk-provides-dummy.bb has it listed. And if I remove that then
>> it fails on next package.In my case it's bash-dev.
>>
>> Does those changes need something different how sdk is build or how to
>> build sdk with those changes? I'm not sure why they are listed there
>> in the first place if it overrides the actual package and does not
>> provide 'dummy' if/when needed.
>>
>> To create sdk I use this command: bitbake <image-recipe> -c populate_sdk
>>
>> -Teemu
> I updated to latest thud and this is still an issue. Isn't anyone else
> building sdk or what I'm doing wrong?
>
> I use command: bitbake <image-recipe> -c populate_sdk to generate sdk.
>
> With unedited poky - meta layer it stops at error:

>  target-sdk-provides-dummy : Conflicts: coreutils
> --
>
> If I remove that from poky/meta/recipes-core/meta/target-sdk-provides-dummy.bb
>
> The next error is:
>  apt-dev : Depends: apt (= 1.2.24-r0) but it is not going to be installed
>            Recommends: bash-dev
> --
>
> If I remove that from file mentioned before the next error is about
> perl-dev. If I remove that it ends up on this error:

>  target-sdk-provides-dummy-dev : Depends: target-sdk-provides-dummy (=
> 1.0-r0) but it is not going to be installed
> --
>
> For testing purposes I removed everything from that file except bash
> and after that the sdk generated just fine.
>
> I don't know enough about yocto/poky so what is the use of this
> target-sdk-provides-dummy thingie and why things are added there that
> keep breaking the sdk generation or do I need to generate sdk now
> someway differently? Atm. I'm either stuck on that older thud -
> version or I have to manually edit this
> target-sdk-provides-dummy-dev.bb - file.

Can you log a bug. We are not seeing this in the AutoBuilders.

https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/

@ 2019-05-08 10:51           ` Teemu K
From: Teemu K @ 2019-05-08 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akuster808; +Cc: yocto

Done. Hopefully it went to right place.

I noticed that core-image-minimal does not fail, but if you add for
example 'bash' to it, it fails like it does on my image.

t. Teemu