* Bitbake override style removal with variable expansion
@ 2016-02-10 13:33 Shuang Liu
From: Shuang Liu @ 2016-02-10 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bitbake-devel; +Cc: sliu

I face a problem that I tried to use the bitbake override style removal
with variable expansion.

I have a foo.bb and set FOO_PACKAGES = "${PN}_dummy"
And I use a foo.bbappend to remove it by FOO_PACKAGES_remove = "${PN}_dummy"
This doesn't work.

However, FOO_PACKAGES_remove = "foo_dummy" works fine.

Furthermore I tried other variable names besides PN, e.g.
FOO_PACKAGES = "foo_dummy"
FOONAME = "foo"
FOO_PACKAGES_remove = "${FOONAME}_dummy"
This doesn't works either.

So maybe there is some issue with variable expansion in the override style
removal?

I use bitbake 1.22 and am sorry I cannot test the master branch on my
working environment.
BitBake Build Tool Core version 1.22.0, bitbake version 1.22.0

Does somebody have some idea about thie behavior?

I am a bitbake rookie and please forgive me if the question is not
reasonable.

Thank you very much

Shuang :-

* Re: Bitbake override style removal with variable expansion
@ 2016-02-10 15:28 ` Liu, Shuang (ADITG/SW2)
From: Liu, Shuang (ADITG/SW2) @ 2016-02-10 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shuang Liu, bitbake-devel

It seems that my original mail is not arrived.
Please ignore this email if you’ve received my previous one.

Cheers,

Shuang

@ 2016-02-14 11:05 ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2016-02-14 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shuang Liu, bitbake-devel; +Cc: sliu

On Wed, 2016-02-10 at 14:33 +0100, Shuang Liu wrote:
> I face a problem that I tried to use the bitbake override style
> removal with variable expansion.
>
> I have a foo.bb and set FOO_PACKAGES = "${PN}_dummy"
> And I use a foo.bbappend to remove it by FOO_PACKAGES_remove =
> "${PN}_dummy"
> This doesn't work.
>
> However, FOO_PACKAGES_remove = "foo_dummy" works fine.
>
> Furthermore I tried other variable names besides PN, e.g.
> FOO_PACKAGES = "foo_dummy"
> FOONAME = "foo"
> FOO_PACKAGES_remove = "${FOONAME}_dummy"
> This doesn't works either.
>
> So maybe there is some issue with variable expansion in the override
> style removal?
>
> I use bitbake 1.22 and am sorry I cannot test the master branch on my
> working environment.
> BitBake Build Tool Core version 1.22.0, bitbake version 1.22.0
>
> Does somebody have some idea about thie behavior?
>
> I am a bitbake rookie and please forgive me if the question is not
> reasonable.

This was answered on stackoverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35336111/bitbake-override-style-removal-with-variable-expansion

Cheers,