* Package indexes for package feeds, ipk and rpm
@ 2021-03-29  9:36 keydi
From: keydi @ 2021-03-29  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Regarding package feed packages index I learned one difference between rpm and ipk.
For ipk plain-text files named Packages are generated and placed to architecture-subdirectories in tmp/deploy/ipk tree.
For rpm I see just one file named Packages, it is a binary file yet located in one image arch-subdir within tmp/deploy/rpm tree.

Is this difference the result how Poky/OE handles both
or rather coming already from package management systems?

I wonder also how could the chances be to have Packages files in RPM in same form
as for IPK - plain-text yet provided for each architecture build artifacts sub-tree?

* Re: [yocto] Package indexes for package feeds, ipk and rpm
@ 2021-03-29 13:12 ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2021-03-29 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: keydi; +Cc: yocto

That's just how RPM and opkg work, Yocto can't control or alter that.

Ross