* preferred version arm-8.3 of gcc-cross-aarch64 not available
@ 2021-01-28 18:43 Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-01-28 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ross Burton, Jon Mason, meta-arm, Cliff Brake

Hi All

We have started seeing this error. It seems related to meta-arm. We do not want
gcc from meta-arm but it it still trying to creep in. Please help out.

https://github.com/YoeDistro/yoe-distro/pull/518#issuecomment-769242387

Thanks
-Khem

* Re: [meta-arm] preferred version arm-8.3 of gcc-cross-aarch64 not available
@ 2021-01-29  5:38 ` Sumit Garg
From: Sumit Garg @ 2021-01-29  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: Ross Burton, Jon Mason, meta-arm, Cliff Brake

Hi Khem,

Support for arm-8.3 was recently removed [1] from meta-arm master
branch and it only supports arm-9.2 and arm-10.2 releases. It looks
like your distro has configured the preferred version of GCC as
arm-8.3 but it isn't able to find it. Could you check the value of
"GCCVERSION" variable?

[1] https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-arm/commit/?id=a56011bf30c86a86c4feb57827030516c37f65ed

Regards,
Sumit

@ 2021-01-29  6:03   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-01-29  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sumit Garg; +Cc: Cliff Brake, Jon Mason, Ross Burton, meta-arm

There are no changes in distro wrt this variable for ages but it does
update the layers as you might see in that pull request

@ 2021-02-01 13:12     ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2021-02-01 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: Sumit Garg, Cliff Brake, Jon Mason, Ross Burton, meta-arm

For the list, this is caused by