* [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 1.2.0-rc3 release
@ 2012-09-04 12:54 Anthony Liguori
From: Anthony Liguori @ 2012-09-04 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi,

On behalf of the QEMU Team, I'd like to announce the availability of the
third and final release candidate for the QEMU 1.2 release.  This
release is meant for testing purposes and should not be used in a
production environment.

http://wiki.qemu.org/download/qemu-1.2.0-rc3.tar.bz2

You can help improve the quality of the QEMU 1.2 release by testing this
release and reporting bugs on Launchpad:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/

The release plan for the 1.2 release is available at:

http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/1.2

And a detailed change log is available at:

http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/Next

Known Issues:

  - References are not completely released during device removal which
    may lead to internal memory leaks.

Changelog since -rc2:

 -console: Fix warning from clang (and potential crash) (Stefan Weil)
 -uas: move transfer kickoff (Gerd Hoffmann)
 -ehci: Fix interrupt endpoints no longer working (Hans de Goede)
 -ehci: handle TD deactivation of inflight packets (Gerd Hoffmann)
 -ehci: add ehci_cancel_queue() (Gerd Hoffmann)
 -ehci: simplify ehci_state_executing (Hans de Goede)
 -ehci: Remove unnecessary ehci_flush_qh call (Hans de Goede)
 -ehci: Schedule async-bh when IAAD bit gets set (Hans de Goede)
 -ehci: Fix NULL ptr deref when unplugging an USB dev with an iso stream active
 -usb: unique packet ids (Gerd Hoffmann)
 -usb: Halt ep queue en cancel pending packets on a packet error (Hans de Goede)
 -fix info qtree indention (Gerd Hoffmann)
 -w32: Fix broken build (Stefan Weil)
 -qemu-iotests: add backing file smaller than image test case (Stefan Hajnoczi)
 -stream: complete early if end of backing file is reached (Stefan Hajnoczi)
 -qed: refuse unaligned zero writes with a backing file (Stefan Hajnoczi)

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

* Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 1.2.0-rc3 release
@ 2012-09-04 19:29 ` Blue Swirl
From: Blue Swirl @ 2012-09-04 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Liguori; +Cc: qemu-devel

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Anthony Liguori <aliguori@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On behalf of the QEMU Team, I'd like to announce the availability of the
> third and final release candidate for the QEMU 1.2 release.  This
> release is meant for testing purposes and should not be used in a
> production environment.
>
> http://wiki.qemu.org/download/qemu-1.2.0-rc3.tar.bz2
>
> You can help improve the quality of the QEMU 1.2 release by testing this
> release and reporting bugs on Launchpad:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/
>
> The release plan for the 1.2 release is available at:
>
> http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/1.2

The plan does not mention rc3 and also claims that release will happen tomorrow.

@ 2012-09-04 19:42   ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2012-09-04 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Blue Swirl; +Cc: Anthony Liguori, qemu-devel

On 4 September 2012 20:29, Blue Swirl <blauwirbel@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Anthony Liguori <aliguori@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>> The release plan for the 1.2 release is available at:
>>
>> http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/1.2
>
> The plan does not mention rc3

Clearly Anthony should add something like the following
to his release-creation script

curl -s http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/1.2 | grep -q "Tag $VERSION" ||
echo "Release not mentioned on Planning page"

:-)

-- PMM

* Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 1.2.0-rc3 release
@ 2012-09-04 20:06     ` Blue Swirl
From: Blue Swirl @ 2012-09-04 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell; +Cc: Anthony Liguori, qemu-devel

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 4 September 2012 20:29, Blue Swirl <blauwirbel@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Anthony Liguori <aliguori@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>>> The release plan for the 1.2 release is available at:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/1.2
>>
>> The plan does not mention rc3
>
> Clearly Anthony should add something like the following
> to his release-creation script
>
> curl -s http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/1.2 | grep -q "Tag $VERSION" ||
> echo "Release not mentioned on Planning page"
>
> :-)

Well, I'm just confused what's going to be the release date and I was
expecting rc2 to be the last.

@ 2012-09-04 20:27   ` Anthony Liguori
From: Anthony Liguori @ 2012-09-04 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Blue Swirl; +Cc: qemu-devel

Blue Swirl <blauwirbel@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Anthony Liguori <aliguori@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On behalf of the QEMU Team, I'd like to announce the availability of the
>> third and final release candidate for the QEMU 1.2 release.  This
>> release is meant for testing purposes and should not be used in a
>> production environment.
>>
>> http://wiki.qemu.org/download/qemu-1.2.0-rc3.tar.bz2
>>
>> You can help improve the quality of the QEMU 1.2 release by testing this
>> release and reporting bugs on Launchpad:
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/
>>
>> The release plan for the 1.2 release is available at:
>>
>> http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/1.2
>
> The plan does not mention rc3 and also claims that release will happen
> tomorrow.

The final release will happen tomorrow.  I tagged -rc3 last week but
never announced it.

-rc3 was a compromise because a couple pull requests came in too late
 for -rc2.

I didn't update Planning for it but should have.

@ 2012-09-04 20:28       ` Anthony Liguori
From: Anthony Liguori @ 2012-09-04 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Blue Swirl, Peter Maydell; +Cc: qemu-devel

Blue Swirl <blauwirbel@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:

>>> The plan does not mention rc3
>>
>> Clearly Anthony should add something like the following
>> to his release-creation script
>>
>> curl -s http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/1.2 | grep -q "Tag $VERSION" ||
>> echo "Release not mentioned on Planning page"
>>
>> :-)
>
> Well, I'm just confused what's going to be the release date and I was
> expecting rc2 to be the last.

Release is still tomorrow.  It will happen first thing in the morning my
time.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

@ 2012-08-23 16:05 anthony
From: anthony @ 2012-08-23 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi,

On behalf of the QEMU Team, I'd like to announce the availability of the
first release candidate for the QEMU 1.2 release.  This release is meant
for testing purposes and should not be used in a production environment.

http://wiki.qemu.org/download/qemu-1.2.0-rc1.tar.bz2

You can help improve the quality of the QEMU 1.2 release by testing this
release and reporting bugs on Launchpad:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/

The release plan for the 1.2 release is available at:

http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/1.2

And a detailed change log is available at:

http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/Next

Known Issues:

  - There is a potential for a SEGV during usb_del, this will be fixed
    in -rc2
  - References are not completely released during device removal which
    may lead to internal memory leaks.

Changelog since -rc0:

 - Update version for 1.2.0-rc1 release (Anthony Liguori)
 - qapi: add 'query-target' command to return target arch (Daniel P. Berrange)
 - pci: Tidy up PCI host bridges (Andreas Färber)
 - pci: Derive PCI host bridges from TYPE_PCI_HOST_BRIDGE (Andreas Färber)
 - pci_host: Turn into SysBus-derived QOM type (Andreas Färber)
 - unin_pci: QOM'ify UniNorth PCI host bridges (Andreas Färber)
 - spapr_pci: QOM'ify sPAPR PCI host bridge (Andreas Färber)
 - prep_pci: QOM'ify Raven PCI host bridge (Andreas Färber)
 - ppce500_pci: QOM'ify e500 PCI host bridge (Andreas Färber)
 - ppc4xx_pci: QOM'ify ppc4xx PCI host bridge (Andreas Färber)
 - gt64xxx: QOM'ify GT64120 PCI host bridge (Andreas Färber)
 - grackle_pci: QOM'ify Grackle PCI host bridge (Andreas Färber)
 - dec_pci: QOM'ify DEC 21154 PCI-PCI bridge (Andreas Färber)
 - bonito: QOM'ify Bonito PCI host bridge (Andreas Färber)
 - alpha_typhoon: QOM'ify Typhoon PCI host bridge (Andreas Färber)
 - pci: Make host bridge TypeInfos const (Andreas Färber)
 - virtio-blk: hide VIRTIO_BLK_F_CONFIG_WCE from old machine types (Stefan Hajnoczi)
 - softmmu-semi: fix lock_user* functions not to deref NULL upon OOM (Jim Meyering)
 - arm-semi: don't leak 1KB user string lock buffer upon TARGET_SYS_OPEN (Jim Meyering)
 - sheepdog: don't leak socket file descriptor upon connection failure (Jim Meyering)
 - linux-user: do_msgrcv: don't leak host_mb upon TARGET_EFAULT failure (Jim Meyering)
 - qemu-ga: don't leak a file descriptor upon failed lockf (Jim Meyering)
 - xen-all.c: fix multiply issue for int and uint types (Dongxiao Xu)
 - Fix invalidate if memory requested was not bucket aligned (Frediano Ziglio)
 - i82378: Remove bogus MMIO coalescing (Jan Kiszka)
 - eventfd: making it thread safe (Alexey Kardashevskiy)
 - migration: move total_time from ram stats to migration info (Juan Quintela)
 - monitor: avoid declaring unused variables (Blue Swirl)
 - qapi: Fix memory leak (Stefan Weil)
 - virtio-scsi: add backwards-compatibility properties for 1.1 and earlier machines (Paolo Bonzini)
 - iscsi: fix races between task completion and abort (Paolo Bonzini)
 - iscsi: simplify iscsi_schedule_bh (Paolo Bonzini)
 - iscsi: move iscsi_schedule_bh and iscsi_readv_writev_bh_cb (Paolo Bonzini)
 - Revert "iscsi: Fix NULL dereferences / races between task completion and abort" (Paolo Bonzini)
 - Update OpenBIOS images (Blue Swirl)
 - pc: Fix RTC CMOS info on RAM for ram_size < 1MiB (Markus Armbruster)
 - vl: Round argument of -m up to multiple of 8KiB (Markus Armbruster)
 - scsi: fix warning (Gerd Hoffmann)
 - Avoid asprintf() which is not available on mingw (Gerd Hoffmann)
 - virtio-blk: hide VIRTIO_BLK_F_CONFIG_WCE from old machine types (Stefan Hajnoczi)
 - Documentation: Warn against qemu-img on active image (Kevin Wolf)
 - vmdk: Read footer for streamOptimized images (Kevin Wolf)
 - vmdk: Fix header structure (Kevin Wolf)
 - ehci: Fix setting of halt bit from usbcmd register updates (Hans de Goede)
 - ehci: fix Interrupt Threshold Control implementation (Gerd Hoffmann)
 - usb: update uas product id (Gerd Hoffmann)
 - usb: async control xfer fixup (Gerd Hoffmann)

Regards,

Anthony Liguori