* How to comprehend "Xenomai threads shadow Linux threads" in the right way?
@ 2020-07-08 10:40 孙世龙 sunshilong
From: 孙世龙 sunshilong @ 2020-07-08 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi, list

There is such a macro in the source code:
#define XNUSER    0x00040000 /**< Shadow thread running in userland */
So, I guess shadow thread is equivalent to real-time thread(maybe,
xenomai thread is more suitable here).

As per the presentation
(https://elinux.org/images/d/d7/Practical-Real-Time-Linux-ELCE15.pdf
 page 7),
which says that:
"Xenomai threads shadow Linux threads".
I guess that there is a one-to-one correspondence between xenomai
threads and Linux threads.
And if my guess is right, what happens then?
There should be several Linux threads **which can be observed by `ps
-elf` of  `top`** when I
have created the same number of xenomai threads.
But I have not seen such a phenomenon. So where goes wrong?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-07-08 10:40 UTC | newest]