* [ath9k-devel] HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!
@ 2011-08-25 15:19 subham das
From: subham das @ 2011-08-25 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Dear Sir/Madam,

                       I am doing a project, in developing ath9k driver for
Linux (some of those issues that are not solved yet) in my last year of
graduation(I.T.). I started with studying the features of all the Linux
based opensource/free drivers under various licensed and then came into
conclusion, with suggestion from my Supervisor, that developing ath9k would
be my project, i found the source codes for ath9k from
"compat-wireless-3.0-2" in
"...\compat-wireless-3.0-2\drivers\net\wireless\ath\ath9k". I would like to
confirm if it is the Source Code for ath9k, moreover i also wanted to know
where would i get some manuals or materials to study ath9k driver, so that
implementations would be easy, or any references. I am also allowed to have
more than one Superisor, so i would also like to request if someone can also
Supervise me.

Thanking You in Advance.
Subham Das

(You can reply me in this e-mail:"das.subham87 at gmail.com", but please do
reply!)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [ath9k-devel] HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!
@ 2011-08-25 15:45 ` pangyunong
From: pangyunong @ 2011-08-25 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

hi,

that is the driver for ath9k indeed.

i think that there are a part of materials in
http://linuxwireless.org/en/developers/Documentation

But I can't find book on wireless driver now, if you have found some
please tell me. I'm also learning it.

Yunong Pang
Regards,

@ 2011-08-26  5:28   ` Mohammed Shafi
From: Mohammed Shafi @ 2011-08-26  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:15 PM, pangyunong <029012@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> that is the driver for ath9k indeed.

development is done in the git tree, please clone the source code
git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-testing.git
http://linuxwireless.org/en/developers/Documentation/git-guide
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k

looking at the ath9k-devel mailing list archives will provide more
information. preliminary thing is to get the hardware and make it
start working, doing some basic configuration etc.

> On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 20:49 +0530, subham das wrote:
>> Dear Sir/Madam,
>>
>> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?I am doing a project, in developing ath9k
>> driver for Linux (some of those issues that are not solved yet) in my
>> last year of graduation(I.T.). I started with studying the features of
>> all the Linux based opensource/free drivers under various licensed and
>> then came into conclusion, with suggestion from my Supervisor, that
>> developing ath9k would be my project, i found the source codes for
>> ath9k from "compat-wireless-3.0-2" in "...\compat-wireless-3.0-2
>> \drivers\net\wireless\ath\ath9k". I would like to confirm if it is the
>> Source Code for ath9k, moreover i also wanted to know where would i
>> get some manuals or materials to study ath9k driver, so that
>> implementations would be easy, or any references. I am also allowed to
>> have more than one Superisor, so i would also like to request if
>> someone can also Supervise me.
>>
>> Thanking You in Advance.
>> Subham Das
>>
>> (You can reply me in this e-mail:"das.subham87 at gmail.com", but please