* latency test
@ 2019-03-28  1:41 demon.han
From: demon.han @ 2019-03-28  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi,all
I compile the kernel-4.9.38 with xenomai-3.0.5,then I run latenct test.
I use ubuntu16.04 desktop to do these,however,the latency is sometimes up to 80+ us.
Also, I close lightdm and enter none-desk to run latency again,it's perfect that the latency is under 15us.
But I want the desktop with small latency,anyone has ideas for me?
BestWishes,
demon.

demon.han@aliyun.com

* Re: latency test
@ 2019-03-28  6:29 ` Alec Ari
From: Alec Ari @ 2019-03-28  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: demon.han, xenomai

Firefox bumps latency up too, I wonder if the Xenomai pros have any advice on this. Good question! It'd be nice to do video editing and 4K encoding while doing real-time processes too.

Alec

* Re: latency test
@ 2019-03-28  9:34   ` Bart Vissers
From: Bart Vissers @ 2019-03-28  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alec Ari; +Cc: demon.han, xenomai

I've done some testing with the X-window suggestions at:
https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/wikis/Troubleshooting#the_latency_test_shows_high_latencies

My results on an Intel PC with Xenomai 3.0.7, Linux 4.9, Debian 9.7 with
xfce4, worst-case latencies:
- Using Intel driver: 39.8 us
- Using fbdev, 34.8 us
- Setting Option "NoAccel", both with Intel and fbdev driver: 22.6 us
- No GUI:  6.3 us

So setting "NoAccel" helps in my case, but I'm also looking forward to
further improve it.

Bart