* [Buildroot] Perl libraries/modules sub-menu is empty
@ 2014-10-10 14:43 Pedro Silva
From: Pedro Silva @ 2014-10-10 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Dear all,
I am trying to add "mosh" (mobile shell) to buildroot but it is missing
some perl modules, namely the socket module...
? The error is: ?Can't locate Socket.pm in @INC (you may need to install
the Socket module)?.

?The problem is that in buildroot, with perl package checked ("Interpreter
languages and scripting"), the ?"Perl libraries/modules" is empty and cause
of that I am not able to select any additional module.
?Any hint on this issue??

I send an screenshot in attachment.

?Thanks in advance.?
?Best regards,?
Pedro Silva
* [Buildroot] Perl libraries/modules sub-menu is empty
@ 2014-10-10 18:59 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2014-10-10 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Dear Pedro Silva,

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 15:43:57 +0100, Pedro Silva wrote:

> I am trying to add "mosh" (mobile shell) to buildroot but it is missing
> some perl modules, namely the socket module...
> ? The error is: ?Can't locate Socket.pm in @INC (you may need to install
> the Socket module)?.
>
> ?The problem is that in buildroot, with perl package checked ("Interpreter
> languages and scripting"), the ?"Perl libraries/modules" is empty and cause
> of that I am not able to select any additional module.
> ?Any hint on this issue??

You're using Buildroot 2014.05, and back in this version, there were no
target Perl modules packaged in Buildroot. They started to appear in
Buildroot 2014.08.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* [Buildroot] Perl libraries/modules sub-menu is empty
@ 2014-10-11  6:01 ` François Perrad
From: François Perrad @ 2014-10-11  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

> Dear all,
> I am trying to add "mosh" (mobile shell) to buildroot but it is missing some
> perl modules, namely the socket module...
> The error is: Can't locate Socket.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
> Socket module).
>
> The problem is that in buildroot, with perl package checked ("Interpreter
> languages and scripting"), the "Perl libraries/modules" is empty and cause
> of that I am not able to select any additional module.
> Any hint on this issue?

In Perl, Socket is core module, so no need for additional module.
On target, you could check the presence of the module, with the
following command :

   $ perl -MSocket

Fran?ois