* Problem with sequencer interface -possible bug?
@ 2020-09-30  3:12 Phillip Andrews
From: Phillip Andrews @ 2020-09-30  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hello, I've been writing an application working with ALSA's MIDI sequencer
middleware, and I've been trying to abort playback of a MIDI file by
calling snd_seq_reset_pool_output followed by snd_sync_output_queue. The
hardware device (a player piano in my case) is silenced, but
snd_sync_output_queue still blocks for roughly the amount of time it
*would* have taken for all the events to be played out - almost as if there
are "zombie" events that don't play, but are still pushed out according to
their timing.

I realize this is a thing with little to no use, and therefore little to no
developer attention, but I'm desperately trying to improve the
possibilities for hardware MIDI file playback on Linux. Is this something
someone would be remotely interested in exploring?

Thanks,
Phillip A.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-10-01 13:46 UTC | newest]