* Re: [SPDK] is it possible to run spdk vhost in hypervisor for SSD?
@ 2017-11-06 10:46 Nitin Gupta
From: Nitin Gupta @ 2017-11-06 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi All

Please let me know if there any SPDK app which we can run on host .

Regards
Nitin

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Nitin Gupta <nitin.gupta981(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Please let me know if i can run the spdk on the hypervisor
> i wanted to test the performance of  SSD through spdk
> without running guest VM ..
>
> is it possible to run spdk in Host with SSD if yes what is the procedure ?
> PS: i have already ran in guest VM
>
> Regards
> Nitin

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 1005 bytes --]

* Re: [SPDK] is it possible to run spdk vhost in hypervisor for SSD?
@ 2017-11-06 16:50 Nitin Gupta
From: Nitin Gupta @ 2017-11-06 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi Pawel

Thanks for your reply ..my requirement  is to test the both  nvme and SSD
device ..
for that i  am using fio tool ...

previously i run the spdk via qemu command ..now wanted to test on host  to
compare VM and Host difference.
let me search the doc which you mentioned..

if you have any spdk app which i can run on host please share

Regards
Nitin

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 5:13 PM, Wodkowski, PawelX <
pawelx.wodkowski(a)intel.com> wrote:

> You can run any SPDK app on host and on VM. More info can be found in doc.
> Also ‘test’ folder is good starting point of what can you done with SPDK
> (and vhost).
>

> To get some hints how to do what you want to do please share more info:
> what is the HW configuration you want to use. What device the “SSD” is
> (NVMe?), what is your performance test plan?
>

> Pawel

[-- Type: text/html, Size: 5434 bytes --]

* Re: [SPDK] is it possible to run spdk vhost in hypervisor for SSD?
@ 2017-11-06 11:43 Wodkowski, PawelX
From: Wodkowski, PawelX @ 2017-11-06 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Nitin Gupta <nitin.gupta981(a)gmail.com<mailto:nitin.gupta981(a)gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi All

Please let me know if i can run the spdk on the hypervisor
i wanted to test the performance of  SSD through spdk
without running guest VM ..

is it possible to run spdk in Host with SSD if yes what is the procedure ?
PS: i have already ran in guest VM

Regards
Nitin

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 8210 bytes --]

* [SPDK] is it possible to run spdk vhost in hypervisor for SSD?
@ 2017-11-03  9:10 Nitin Gupta
From: Nitin Gupta @ 2017-11-03  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk