* netflow
@ 2011-07-14 14:19 Usuário do Sistema
From: Usuário do Sistema @ 2011-07-14 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mail List - Netfilter

Hello,

I'm researching about netflow on linux. I wish that an linux machine
forwards it flows to a colletor netflow inside my network.

my doubt is how to generate this netflow on linux. I've added the
ipt_netflow-1.6.tgz module and I created some rules as bellow in
iptables:

iptables -A OUTPUT -j NETFLOW
iptables -A OUTPUT -j NETFLOW

I'm forwarding the flows to my netflow collector with modprobe
ipt_NETFLOW destination=10.10.10.1:2055

so...my question is there is other different way to generate netflows
on linux machine than add rules in the iptables and add ipt_netflow
module ??

thank!

* Re: netflow
@ 2011-07-14 15:04 ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2011-07-14 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Usuário do Sistema; +Cc: Mail List - Netfilter

On Thursday 2011-07-14 16:19, Usuário do Sistema wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm researching about netflow on linux. I wish that an linux machine
>forwards it flows to a colletor netflow inside my network.
>
>my doubt is how to generate this netflow on linux. I've added the
>ipt_netflow-1.6.tgz module and I created some rules as bellow in
>iptables:
>
>iptables -A OUTPUT -j NETFLOW
>iptables -A OUTPUT -j NETFLOW
>
>I'm forwarding the flows to my netflow collector with modprobe
>ipt_NETFLOW destination=10.10.10.1:2055
>
>so...my question is there is other different way to generate netflows
>on linux machine than add rules in the iptables and add ipt_netflow
>module ??

You could use -j TEE to send the original packets to a dedicated logging
host, and then do netflow (or any other logtype) analysis there.

* Re: netflow
@ 2011-07-14 15:17   ` Peter Phaal
From: Peter Phaal @ 2011-07-14 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Engelhardt; +Cc: Usuário do Sistema, Mail List - Netfilter

Another option is to use netfilter's packet sampling/ULOG facilities
to monitor network traffic.

You can export the traffic as sFlow:
http://host-sflow.sourceforge.net/

or NetFlow: