* [Buildroot] Booting QEMU
@ 2020-11-02 10:02 Sadiq Hussain Muchumarri
From: Sadiq Hussain Muchumarri @ 2020-11-02 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello all,

I've followed the below steps for a QEMU build:

1)cloned the LTS version of buildroot from GitHub

2)make clean

3)make distclean

4)make qemu_arm_vexpress_defconfig

5)make

All the above steps are succesfull and I can see the artifacts in
output/images directory.

May I know how do I boot the QEMU now?
I see a start-qemu.sh script under output/images directory.

But, that doesn't work out of the box as it says:
"Invalid SD card size: 60MiB"

Any alternative to this?
Thanks:)

Regards
Hussain
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] Booting QEMU
@ 2020-11-02 10:07 ` Baruch Siach
       [not found]   ` <CAB9G97orpxrvPbC6oKDoPVbxMCUiHF-bn8csk8+0aZ4o8iaQHQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Baruch Siach @ 2020-11-02 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Sadiq,

On Mon, Nov 02 2020, Sadiq Hussain Muchumarri wrote:
> I've followed the below steps for a QEMU build:
>
> 1)cloned the LTS version of buildroot from GitHub
>
> 2)make clean
>
> 3)make distclean
>
> 4)make qemu_arm_vexpress_defconfig
>
> 5)make
>
> All the above steps are succesfull and I can see the artifacts in
> output/images directory.
>
> May I know how do I boot the QEMU now?

See the command line in board/qemu/arm-vexpress/readme.txt.

baruch

--
                                                     ~. .~   Tk Open Systems
   - baruch at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -

* [Buildroot] Booting QEMU
       [not found]     ` <CAB9G97pnaTUKkNgbMje7D_hDYX-oVzeyYWkCjQSey2GuPBJ91w@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-11-02 11:17       ` Baruch Siach
From: Baruch Siach @ 2020-11-02 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Sadiq,

Please keep the list on Cc.

On Mon, Nov 02 2020, Sadiq Hussain Muchumarri wrote:
> OK.
> It boots when the command present in readme.txt is explicitly given.
> Doesn't work if I run start-qemu.sh (not sure if this is a BUG).
>
> It asks for buildroot login.
> What needs to be given?

The default build creates a 'root' account with empty password.

baruch

@ 2020-11-02 11:23         ` Sadiq Hussain Muchumarri
From: Sadiq Hussain Muchumarri @ 2020-11-02 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

But, it doesn't automatically login for me.

@ 2020-11-02 11:28           ` Sadiq Hussain Muchumarri
From: Sadiq Hussain Muchumarri @ 2020-11-02 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Sorry.