* problems installing Xenomai 3.1 in Ubuntu 20.04
@ 2021-06-01  8:32 João Costa
From: João Costa @ 2021-06-01  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hello,

I am having serious difficulties in getting Xenomai 3.1 to run in a Ubuntu
20.04.2 LTS [1]
I should be doing something wrong but I don't know what. Hopefully, someone
can help me identify what is wrong.

I was getting an error that apparently was solved (another email thread in
this mailing list) but after some other errors showed up. I went back to
the beginning and tried to:
- use kernel/ipipe version 5.4.77 (.config file in attach)
- use kernel/ipipe version 4.19.114  (forgot to save the .config file)
- prepatched kernel version 5.4.77  (.config file in attach) [2]

Now I am always getting this *error message:*

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/xxx/linux-5.4.77'

make: *** [debian/ruleset/targets/common.mk:301: debian/stamp/build/kernel]
Error 2

In the *output* sent to the *console* it is possible to identify the
following *errors*:

- too many arguments to function  'switch_fpu_finish'

- conflicting types for ‘sys32_put_timex’  143 |
EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(sys32_put_timex);

*In attach you my find a .pdf file with*:
- the specifications of the machine/OS I am using
- the sequence of commands I used (maybe I am missing something)
- the options I chose
- the errors

Let me just add that I really do not need to use that exact Ubuntu version
(but I suspect this is not the problem).
Also, if someone has some instructions for such a installation I would be
glad to give it a try.

Thank you.

[1] https://releases.ubuntu.com/20.04.2/ubuntu-20.04.2-live-server-amd64.iso
[2] https://source.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe-x86/-/tree/ipipe-core-5.4.77-x86-2